Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

25 weeks and back pain...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Any suggestions for lower back pain? 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I go to a chiropractor twice a week and get a massage once a week. works wonders!
mommy2casidee
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Chiropractor is the only thing that helps me! I do massages as well. Baths are soothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM

i havent been able to go to a chiro, so tylonol before bed, and a ice pack to ease inflamation. plus a body pillow to take pressure off of it 

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Hi mami... No idea, just stopping by to wish u relieve ASAP! I'm dealing with occasional night leg cramps.. Ugh!!!
smile_itsjesse
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM

A heating pad use to help me! But nothing really does nowadays!

NewMamaBoo
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Oh man I got one of those the other night. It's a horrible thing to wake up to! Thanks ma and I hope you get releif from those cramps

Quoting NatyRod:

Hi mami... No idea, just stopping by to wish u relieve ASAP! I'm dealing with occasional night leg cramps.. Ugh!!!

NewMamaBoo
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Ok I've been trying heat not much improvement so I will try ice. I wish I could get a professional massage or something but we are on a little light budget since our car is having issues

Quoting rwcw89:

i havent been able to go to a chiro, so tylonol before bed, and a ice pack to ease inflamation. plus a body pillow to take pressure off of it 

Supervane
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I had a bad back and neck before pregnancy. Now the pain is unbearable, I kinda just deal with it and do Epsom salt soaks occasionally
Supervane
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't eat carbs past 6pm, I've been using that tactic for RLS for years I discovered it works for leg cramps to

Quoting NatyRod:

BeFit-Mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Start doing prenatal core stability exercises:

• abdominal compressions (Baby Hugs)
  • abdominal compressions with pelvic tilt (Baby Lifts)
  • Isometric squats
  • Bridging
  • Quadruped progressions
  • Planks

Avoid all heavy lifting, and twisting of your spine. Always use the "log roll" technique when rising from the floor or out of bed.

BeFit-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)