Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What's going on with me. Am I alone?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 11 Replies
I haven't been on much this past week or so. I seriously thought I was going to lose our Baby. Since week 10 my uterus has felt sore when any pressure has been applied there. Then last week I started cramping on and off, having sharp pains here and there, my lower back has been killing me and I have been having contractions! I will be 20 weeks this Thursday so the contraction part really really scared me. My Midwife said it's normal in subsequent pregnancies to have Braxton Hicks before 20 weeks. But painful contractions?? They come and go randomly, mainly at night when I am laying down. They friggin HURT! A few times they hurt to the point I couldn't even stand straight and the pressure down there has been hard to deal with! I spoke w a charge labor and delivery nurse and she told me that my body is getting use to being pregnant all over again (been 6 yrs since I had DD). She said it was because this Baby is going to be much bigger than DD. She was only 6.8 lbs 20 in long at birth. I carried her to 40 wks 1 d before being induced. When we went in for out 16 week gender u/s the u/s tech said she had never seen a Baby so long at 16 weeks. We couldn't even see his feet! I am pretty sure everything is okay, even though I am experiencing all this crazy stuff I never expected to experience so early. Baby Noah moves all the time. He is very active and kicks strong and I check his heartbeat every 2 days and it's always within normal range. Has anyone else experienced any of this before 20 weeks?
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautifulFey
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I had braxton hicks with my daughter that I would have sworn were labour contractions. This time around I've had a couple and I'm 22 weeks. I have the uterus pain etc as well; and they have said the same reason; this baby will be much bigger. ((DD was 5lb 11oz)).

babyfish0511
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Quoting BeautifulFey:

I had braxton hicks with my daughter that I would have sworn were labour contractions. This time around I've had a couple and I'm 22 weeks. I have the uterus pain etc as well; and they have said the same reason; this baby will be much bigger. ((DD was 5lb 11oz)).

Thank you for your response! That makes me feel even better! Lol! Apparently, my placenta is posterior and in the back. I started feeling flutters at 10 weeks and it didn't take but a few more weeks to feel full blown kicks. When he moves I feel everything and I think that's part of what scared me so bad. I didn't feel near as much w DD and this one has already made me pee myself a few times, lol. I didn't expect that one til farther down the road!
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I sure did, and this is my first pregnancy! Sometimes, my BH wake me up at night and can be quite uncomfortable (painful). I've been having pressure and pain in my uterus since day one.

nerdychick
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I did this time around (this one is #4) freaked me out becouse I dont remember ever having braxton hicks before like 30 weeks and I started having them around 20 weeks. Worried me so much the doctor checked me out and everything was good. Now that I am 37 weeks they freek me out but in a good way.. I am so ready to be done! lol 

Clemency3
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I had braxton hicks with this 3rd one before 20 wks. I am now 31 wks and still have them. None of them have been painful for me just mainly the tightening of the belly and that is it. but the tightening makes it so bad to the point if I am not naked then I feel like I can't breathe. I started having them around 17 wks. and these by far have been worse than the other 2 pregnancies. 

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Could be a few things. Could be position of the baby, could be dehydrtation, infection, etc.  I don't think SIZE of baby has much to do with it unless you're further along then you think. 

amc103
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I had painful contractions from about 25 weeks on with my third baby. I think it sounds normal! Also, myh third was 24 inches long at birth! :-) maybe its a function of long babies! LOL! Congrats on your pregnancy! I love his name!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I had severely strong BH with my second. Everyone including my Dr thought I would go early because I even dilated early. But he didnt show until 38wks!

babyfish0511
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Quoting Devious103102:

Could be a few things. Could be position of the baby, could be dehydrtation, infection, etc.  I don't think SIZE of baby has much to do with it unless you're further along then you think. 

I disagree. I know exactly when I ovulated. 3 Medical professionals have thus far confirmed its size of the Baby and I am not dehydrated nor do I have an infection. It's worse when Baby goes down low but he's always moving and I am very uncomfortable no matter what position he is in. Size plays a big factor believe it or not.
Devious103102
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting Devious103102:

I disagree. I know exactly when I ovulated. 3 Medical professionals have thus far confirmed its size of the Baby and I am not dehydrated nor do I have an infection. It's worse when Baby goes down low but he's always moving and I am very uncomfortable no matter what position he is in. Size plays a big factor believe it or not.

I didn't say size has NOTHING to do with it, just not as much, esp to cause that much pain/sensativity to touch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN