Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Name help POLL

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Which one?

Options:

Azariah Elijah

Ezariah Elijah

Elijah Ezariah

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Hubby is still set on Azariah (from the bible) which means "Who the Lord Helps" I have loved Elijah from day one. So I told Hubby we would do Azariah Elijah Broggin. But with the A it looks girlie to me. So I am thinking either Ezariah Elijah or Elijah Ezariah...what do you think?

Man do I hope this is a girl so its nice and simple :P Aubrey-Grace Emelia :)

Whom the Lord helps.

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SHOE_DIVA
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It flows better Ezariah Elijah
bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Too many E sounds for me. Also (and I'm not familiar with the Biblical character) if it's spelled with an A in there, I'd stick with that.
Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM

they sound way too similar to me for my taste... if you are going biblical I would stick with original spelling

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I posted the info below!! I also am hating to change the spelling, but I for some reason just can't get past it looking girlie. LOL But I will probably stick with Azariah Elijah so it makes him happy LOL

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Too many E sounds for me. Also (and I'm not familiar with the Biblical character) if it's spelled with an A in there, I'd stick with that.

The Biblical baby name Azariah is Hebrew in origin and it's meaning is whom the Lord helps.

Azariah is pronounced az-ar-yaw'.

Azariah is the name of twenty-five men in the Bible. Some of the principal persons bearing the name Azariah are mentioned here.

Azariah was the name of the son of Ethan of the tribe of Judah, son of Johanan the high priest, son of Oded the prophet.

Azariah was also the names of the high priests during the reigns of king Uzziah and king Hezekiah.

Azariah was the original Hebrew name of Abednego, who along with Shadrach and Meshach was thrown into a burning furnace by Nebuchadnezzar. They miraculously walked out unharmed.

1 Chronicles 2:8; 2 Chronicles 6:10,11; 2 Chronicles 15:1; 2 Kings 14:21; 2 Chronicles 31:10-13; Daniel 1:6,7,11,16 - See more at: http://www.biblical-baby-names.com/meaning-of-azariah.html#sthash.jdpJTzvD.dpuf
esox
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree that it looks rather feminine being spelled with an "a."

Either way I would have pronounced it as Az-r-ee-uh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN