Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

braxton-hicks or real contractions...

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi everyone,

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with baby no. 2. I've been having these pains every 10 minutes for three hours now. My stomach gets very tight. In the last 30 minutes....my whole stomach just aches, like I've done hundreds of crunches. I called the hospital and she said that I can come to be checked. I don't know what to do? Any Advice?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I would drink a ton of water and lay down. Time your contractions and if they continue to get stronger amd closer together, go in.

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM

any update??

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM

It sounds like what I am having, prodromal labor! I have had it every night for 4 nights. It just is basically contractions, but not the real deal. The real deal contractions will grow in intensity, and they will be 3-5 min apart lasting 30-45 sec long!!With my first two I wouldn't go to the hospital until contractions are close together or extremely painful so I cant walk or talk through them!! Last baby and this baby are homebirths, so I just wait until I am having painful contractions and then I call the Midwife!

mommynmarch2010
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I did go to the dr this next day and I am not dialating...so they were just braxton hicks. I think I over did it the day of and day before...we will be having this baby on October 3rd by csection (I wanted a vbac...it's a LONG story...i had to switch drs at 7 weeks until my due date because my dr. can no longer deliver for the next 11 weeks...) anyway, please be praying for the upcoming birth and for our sweet baby love (we don't know what the gender is). thank you!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)