Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it true?...

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
Is it true that babies continue the same sleep/awake pattern that they had in the womb once they are born. Cause if so I have it coming! Lol
My kid seems to have massive parties in there as soon as the sun goes down till well into midnight hrs... I'm thinking that since I work a lot on my feet I rock him to sleep during the day and then at night is mayhem. Lol
I'm a first time mom so what's ur experience?
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM
No, that was not true for us. My daughter was active when I was still, before she was born. She has been a good night sleeper since birth. And I don't mean she sleeps through the night, but she is a good sleeper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM

That was only true fir one of my 7.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I didnt really pay attention to how they correlated. The first few weeks both of my babies had days and nights mixed up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM

IMO it was never babies sleep/awake pattern, it was MY sleep awake pattern.  If I had an easy time sleeping when I was preg my baby was a good sleeper. The one's I didn't get too much sleep/rest with had the same issues after they were born. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Yes and no...some of them switched up..some of mine stayed the same.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Not for mine. Yes they had there days and nights mixed up.

Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM
it wasn't true for me.
threat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Oh lord no! My son would be active during the afternoon then rest at night and was very active during the late night. He was on his dad work schedule and would be up when daddy was home. Now he sleeps through the night.
jenaree
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Babies are always fussiest in the evening/early nighttime, which tends to be when they are the most active in the womb.

sm12
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

haha I wondered the same thing when I read the weekly update.  It certainly wasn't true with my first but then I never read that then.  But this little one is super active and the moment my eyes open, it's like he can sense it and he is up so I am wondering if he is going to be a light sleeper and wake with every little sound.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)