Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

low kick count, but strong heartbeat? *update

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

I can't get little one to move for me :-/ He wiggled a little bit when I was having my morning coffee, which is his normal. (dunno if caffeine can get to them that quickly, or if it was the warmth of it) I poked, I've prodded, I've drank juice... nothing. Booger. BUT, I have an at home doppler, and I got his heart beat no problem. I checked twice and came up with a HB of 140, which I know is completely normal. So probably a stupid question, should I go in to be checked out if I can't get my kick counts in... even though I've heard his heart beat? Or because I listened to his heart beat, and it sounded good, I don't need to worry about the kick counts? I'm 29 weeks, 5 days today. I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday. Baby has PLENTY of room to move around because he has IUGR.

update: He decided to "wake up" and give me all he got! lol. I got my ten kick counts in 5 minutes and he's still going strong. Thanks ladies :)

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM

bump

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I wouldn't worry, is it always that way? It's quite possible he's moving and you just aren't feeling him.

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM

He's actually normally quite the kicker, to the point where it hurts. Right now it's all been very faint. All low, as he's sitting breech. I do have an anterior placenta, but now that I'm further along, it's quite high on the top of my uterus. But since he's sitting breech, all his movements are down low. I can still feel his head on my right side, so I know he hasn't flipped on me.

Quoting Larsbug:

I wouldn't worry, is it always that way? It's quite possible he's moving and you just aren't feeling him.

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM

babies have their lazy days too

Quoting HisB0107:

He's actually normally quite the kicker, to the point where it hurts. Right now it's all been very faint. All low, as he's sitting breech. I do have an anterior placenta, but now that I'm further along, it's quite high on the top of my uterus. But since he's sitting breech, all his movements are down low. I can still feel his head on my right side, so I know he hasn't flipped on me.

Quoting Larsbug:

Mittenmommie
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I have anterior placenta also, and sometimes I get so freake out because I don't feel her a lot. But I drink something sugary or eat a cookie and I get a few moves. I just think sometimes they are so comfy they don't want to move. And I read somewhere they sleep like 90-95% of the day.
But you can always call your doc and double check.
HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM

It's not fun that for sure. He has his own little pattern. if I haven't gone in before his usual time, bed time for me, then I will be going in then. He usually has his spurt of energy at around 930-10pm. 

Quoting Mittenmommie:

I have anterior placenta also, and sometimes I get so freake out because I don't feel her a lot. But I drink something sugary or eat a cookie and I get a few moves. I just think sometimes they are so comfy they don't want to move. And I read somewhere they sleep like 90-95% of the day.
But you can always call your doc and double check.

HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

update

steelcage
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Ive never once counted kicks and am sure he's never kicked ten times at once. As long as he moves I don't worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN