Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

roller skating?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 13 Replies
On Monday my son's school is having a skate party. I am worried he will not skate at all if I don't in in fear of falling. He isn't good at skating. So I was thinking about skating with him. Do you think it would a bad.idea? I am only 8weeks so my balance isn't thrown off by a big belly yet.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I would say no. I would not take the chance. A fall can be damaging at any stage in a pregnancy. Do you have someone else you can take with you to encourage him? Will they let you wear shoes and walk with him around the rink to make him comfortable?
mcmlx3v
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Everything I've heard so far says you shouldn't do anything that poses a real risk of falling.  If you absolutely have to skate, I'd say you should hang on to the wall so that if you lose your balance, maybe you won't actually fall down... but even that seems risky.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM
he will have a couple of cousins there but they don't want to be hanging out with a little kids when they could hang with friends.

Quoting MichelleH86:

I would say no. I would not take the chance. A fall can be damaging at any stage in a pregnancy. Do you have someone else you can take with you to encourage him? Will they let you wear shoes and walk with him around the rink to make him comfortable?

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM

that's a decision that only you can make, but I personally wouldn't

jbmom2009
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I did when I was early on in my pregnancy. But when I fell I just fell on my hands and knees.

3kidz123
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

No!

You can walk next to him but there's no reason to be pregnant on skates.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I wouldn't risk it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I wouldn't. I went to the skating rink with my kids when i was around 9 weeks or so and I wouldn't skate for fear of falling. Your balance doesn't have to be off for you to fall and get hurt.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I wouldn't. Our skating rink allows parents on the rink in street shoes. If they don't allow that, they can also lock your wheels so they don't roll and you can walk with your son. For that matter, they could lock his and he may feel more comfortable on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM

At 8 weeks I would.  There's not much you can do (aside from a car crash or roller coaster) that can do much harm at 8 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)