Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you full term with your second child?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this
My boss lady and I were conversing about when I should take leave from work. I'm very comfortable standing while working (retail cashier), but she told me usually with the second child, they come early. I'm now 33 weeks, due October 21st. I would work until I went into labor if I could haha. I'm just trying to see with personal exprience with second children.

Also, is labor a bit easier or did you have more trouble? I'm more nervous now with this one since I know what to expect haha. I have a 2 and 1/2 year old that's eager to have a little sister, but I am SCARED lol.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingforthem83
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
My first was induced at 36 weeks and I was hoped up from iv meds, my memory is hazy. My second I went into labor at 37 weeks. It was hard because I didn't know what to expect and pushing was hard, same for third that came 9 years later at 38 weeks. My fourth was born at 39 weeks and was pretty easy, I think it as easier because I just had a baby 13 months earlier.
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM
My first was born at 37 weeks my second was born at 38 weeks and my third was at 39 weeks.
RhondaVeggie
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

And then some. My first was 11 days late, second was 12 days late. Second was way easier even being over 10lbs, just four hours in labor and most of that wasn't even too bad. I only hit transition about twenty minutes before she was born and it was rough but it still felt pretty good, like when your muscles burn climbing a mountain. It was a bit surreal because my first was long and arduous so when the midwife said the baby was coming I was shocked and next thing I know she was being whisked off to be suctioned. I almost feel like I didn't labor at all because it was so short and easy, I imagine its something similar to how women feel when they wind up having a c-section and their labor is cut short. 

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

My first came at 41 weeks, 6 days. My second came at 41 weeks, 1 day. My third came at 38 weeks, 2 days. :-)

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

39 weeks with both of them

blue_elephant
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
First came at 38 weeks, second came at 36 weeks, third at 38 weeks, fourth at 37...

So that isn't always true...
EvrybodysFriend
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM
37Ish with first and 40 weeks with the second
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My second actually came later and that was by scheduled cs.
KaRaBaSsEtT
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1st-- 37w 0d

2nd-- 40w 2dd

3rd-- 40w 4d

4th-- 39w 5d

5th-- 40w 1d

Soooo that isn't true for me !
PrimalMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Both my kids were full term but my second I went a little while after due date. I had to be induced the first day after due date with my #1 because my placenta was aging and I was losing fluid. I had 0 signs of labor from him. My second I labored completely naturally and unmedicated on my own and it was blissful. I didn't get an epidural with my first one even though I was induced with pitocin. Staying busy does help! You do need rest and might enjoy maternity leave sooner and spend extra time with your other child but staying busy does help pass the time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured