Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mystery gender babies?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 35 Replies

Gender/sex whatever you want to technically call it :) Have you elected to not find out what you were having? Did you guess and were you right? Did the father or anybody else guess and were they right?

My husband wanted to find out with our first against my desires lol but for the second and for this baby now we left them mysteries. Same for any future babies. We all just knew my second was a girl and we think this one is another boy. What about you? Did you enjoy not knowing? If you wanted to know but couldn't find out, did you enjoy the reveal at the end?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I need to know as soon as we can so I can start buying things for the baby. We're about 2,000 miles away from home so no baby shower for this one :/.
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

My baby now is a mystery...we didn't want to know but then caved and asked at our ultrasound but the baby didn't want to show us so we decided to respect baby's wishes and not try to find out later on. We were offered another ultrasound at 30 weeks we like not knowing now.

I'm 38.3 weeks so we will know soon! My hubby thinks it's a girl and so does my mom. I bounce between girl and boy a lot. lol

I haven't gotten to the reveal at the end up I don't see how I could not enjoy it!

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM

You can buy netural stuff...that's what we did.

We have a gender netural monkey theme and lots of netural clothes for the first month or so. I can see you want to know but if you didn't you could easily shop without knowing :)

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

I need to know as soon as we can so I can start buying things for the baby. We're about 2,000 miles away from home so no baby shower for this one :/.

bcoll
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We have known beforehand with all of our children. This time we're waiting.

PrimalMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We live away from family too. Actually I have only 1 friend where I live now and I don't even see her that much lol. We live in Alaska, home used to be Texas :) My favorite part about not knowing was we were forced to buy very few baby clothes. A couple neutral colors, some white onesies and socks. The rest we waited until the baby was born and that was my time to burst into those stores showing off my newborn picking out colors that even matched the hair lol. That was my favorite part yet!!

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
With dd we did. I refused to believe she was a girl so everything was yellow ducks. I even had a blue and black stroller lol I really wanted a boy first but so happy she was a girl.

We've also had two miscarriages so we're waiting towards the end to buy the big items. I couldn't handle having all this baby stuff and no baby.

Quoting 3kidz123:

You can buy netural stuff...that's what we did.

We have a gender netural monkey theme and lots of netural clothes for the first month or so. I can see you want to know but if you didn't you could easily shop without knowing :)

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

PyschMeh
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I found out with my first 2, I had a boy then a girl. This one is going to be surprise :) I know I may have moments where I really wish I knew, but I think I'll be ok. I'm excited about it!

pregnancy calendar
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
We're from San Antonio and I've been craving bill millers iced tea with a slice of pecan pie or a fajita taco with salsa from taco cabana mmmm I'd be there everyday if I lived back home lol

That's a cute idea, we may just do that. We've had two miscarriages so I'm kind of scared to buy anything and then no baby you know.

Quoting PrimalMom:

We live away from family too. Actually I have only 1 friend where I live now and I don't even see her that much lol. We live in Alaska, home used to be Texas :) My favorite part about not knowing was we were forced to buy very few baby clothes. A couple neutral colors, some white onesies and socks. The rest we waited until the baby was born and that was my time to burst into those stores showing off my newborn picking out colors that even matched the hair lol. That was my favorite part yet!!

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

PrimalMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Too funny! I'm from the Houston-Galveston area mostly (lived all over) and I miss Shipley's donuts like nobody's business lol. 

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

We're from San Antonio and I've been craving bill millers iced tea with a slice of pecan pie or a fajita taco with salsa from taco cabana mmmm I'd be there everyday if I lived back home lol

That's a cute idea, we may just do that. We've had two miscarriages so I'm kind of scared to buy anything and then no baby you know.

Quoting PrimalMom:

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM

im not finding out, bf is =) i think its a boy...est. 19 weeks until i know for sure lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured