Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Possible yeast infection, help?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM
  • 11 Replies
Sorry for this TMI post, but it's like 2am and I'm miserable. I think I have a yeast infection but not sure. I saw info online that says wait to cure till you confirm with Dr. But I can't wait till Monday. Can I risk and get OTC cream? Please avise.. Tia
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Est yogurt. My Dr also told me to drink water with lemon juice in it
sara_g21
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Thanks, anything I can do in the meantime to ease discomfort? Can't sleep it's do uncomfortable, in addition to huge, hard 37?week belly :(
charley31
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm 6.5mo pregnant. I had one a few weeks ago. My dr said to use Monistat 7 day. He wouldn't let me use the 1 or 3 day because they were too strong I had to use the 7 day which sucked He didn't make me go in to confirm if it was or not. Your ob has to have an after hours number id call.
Heather2001
by Heather on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Do you have fresh garlic?  Peel a clove and insert it - it'll kill the yeast and get rid of the itching.

Heather2001
by Heather on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Oh, and it works a lot faster than the 7 days it takes an OTC treatment to work, and is perfectly safe.  Just change out the clove every 12 hours.

housewifehell
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I have used browned foulr for years to treat yeast infections.  Just put about 2 TBL spoons of plain white flour in a dry pan and cook it a few mins until it turns brown and smells like burnt popcorn. Let it cool just till you can stand it and apply to the affected ares.  Usually U se it on yeast on the skin like under my belly but you can use it like powder and pack it where it itches it will not hurt you and it will take the itch away NOW. But make usre its still slightly warm when applied because it seems to work bettter

mem82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM

You can use the seven day monistat while pregnant safely. I've had a couple and the doctor always suggest trying that.

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM

7-day otc, garlic, apple cider vinegar diluted or in a shallow bath, probiotic.  The reason it says to be checked first is because it may be bacterial vaginosis.  I wouldn't do yogurt, there's a lot of sugar in yogurt which feeds the yeast.

sara_g21
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Thanks so much ladies!!!
sara_g21
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I'm 38 weeks and not only am I uncomfortable but I want Tomas sure any infection is gone before delivery. Thanks for al the info.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN