Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

gestational diabetes

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
I found out i had gestational diabetes at 28 weeks. Ithas been 2 weeks now and my fasting test has been between 90 and 98 almost everytime, it has been below 90 maybe 3 times ( 90 is what the doctor told me it should be under) the 2 hours after eating breakfast lunch and dinner have all been fine under 120 for the most part high maybe 2 or 3 times. Anyone else have this problem and will the doctor put me on medicine because fasting test is high? I have my checkup apt monday so ibwill be asking them then.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I had gd with my first pregnancy and all my numbers after meals were fine, but my fasting morning number was always high. I was put on a very low dose of medicine for it, and the numbers came down.

hailey-brendan
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Was the medicine oral or a shot?

Quoting Bethbeth:

I had gd with my first pregnancy and all my numbers after meals were fine, but my fasting morning number was always high. I was put on a very low dose of medicine for it, and the numbers came down.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM

oral. they gave me a choice :)

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I had it with my 2nd. My numbers were always borderline but after a couple weeks my fasting just wouldn't stay down. They put me on 1/2 a pill of the smallest dose of whatever the medication was. My dd came almost a month early so I didn't deal with it too long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailey-brendan
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm hoping i go a little early, but still have a healthy baby. This is my first and i heard that you don't usually go early with the first baby if anything it's late. The way i have to eat is driving me crazy!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

I had it with my 2nd. My numbers were always borderline but after a couple weeks my fasting just wouldn't stay down. They put me on 1/2 a pill of the smallest dose of whatever the medication was. My dd came almost a month early so I didn't deal with it too long.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Quoting hailey-brendan:

I'm hoping i go a little early, but still have a healthy baby. This is my first and i heard that you don't usually go early with the first baby if anything it's late. The way i have to eat is driving me crazy!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

the diet is tough, that's for sure.  the one good thing was it kept my weight gain down.  I gained 48lbs with my first.  by the time I was diagnosed, I had gained 16lbs with my 2nd.  Once I started the diet, I lost 7lbs and then delivered so early, I never had time to gain it back.  I gained a total of 9lbs with that pregnancy!  I'm thinking of starting the diet now (I'll be 6w tomorrow) just in case... 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM
They will likely put you on a low dose of medicine for it, because your fasting numbers are most related to excessive fetal weight.
BeFit-Mom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Talk to your OBGYN about exercise. Studies show that 20 minutes of riding a stationary bike every day is very effective for regulating glosuce/insulin levels.

BeFit-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)