Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy hunger!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I am about 6 or so weeks and the hunger is insane! My family is Hispanic and all they do is cook! So I havnt been able to eat all day cause I've been so nautious for the past week, but today me & hubby had a little quick one around 6 or 7 & after that I just got so hungry! So we ate. I ate what is called a torta it was a pretty good size I ate it all & the more I ate the more I got hungry! I was just like oh my, so I finished & then I was okay for about 30 mins and just got hungry again like no other & now I am freaking starving but I don't really like eating this late ^_^
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I drink a bottle or 2 of water if im constantly hungry. It helps. Especially at night time.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM

My hunger has been crazy too!  I'll be 6w tomorrow.  I don't get sick with pregnancy but this is the first time I remember being so starving.  I need to up my protein to see if that will help.  One day last week, we had dinner around 7 and then by 9, I had a snack of some sort but by 11, I was so hungry, I made a ham sandwich!  It's crazy!!!

Nela12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM
this is my first pregnancy and it's already miserable. I have morning sickness bad! Sometimes I have it all day & sucks terribly. & yeah I get hungry so fast! Like I'll eat a meal & maybe 30mins. Later I'll be hungry again. It's crazy

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

My hunger has been crazy too!  I'll be 6w tomorrow.  I don't get sick with pregnancy but this is the first time I remember being so starving.  I need to up my protein to see if that will help.  One day last week, we had dinner around 7 and then by 9, I had a snack of some sort but by 11, I was so hungry, I made a ham sandwich!  It's crazy!!!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Drinking a full bottle or glass of water before eating helps!
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM

does it help keep you full longer?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Yep. Cold water before eating helps reduce the amount of hunger you feel as well as helps your food digest better.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

does it help keep you full longer?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Delouisat
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:12 AM
With me between 4-8 weeks my hunger was out of control. I HAD to eat ever 4 hours to the minute and eat small snacks in between. I also drank alot of water because you should not gain slot of weight too fast. 12-16 weeks my hunger subsided, didn't HAVE to eat every 4 hours just ate when I was hungry and snacked more on fruit
esox
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM
It is pretty ridiculous how hungry you can feel. I used to get kind of panicked when it hit all the sudden and there wasn't any food within 5 feet. Lol
This is also our first. I've tried to explain it to my SO and he just doesn't get it. If I don't eat right now, I'm going to puke. We were driving somewhere and I told him I was hungry. He told me to wait until we got home (about a 30 min drive). 5 minutes later I was throwing up in his truck and it freaked him out. He asked me what that was all about and I told him that I was hungry!
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I never had any nausea this pregnancy. I was just starving.. I ate non stop the first 2 months.. funny thing was I only gained about 2-3 lbs in that time
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I can easily go all day without thinking of food if i'm not careful. It isn't til evening/night that hunger sets in and I want to constantly eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)