Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Confused

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I just found out today I'm pregnant I don't know what to do I told he baby daddy my ex I was pro choice and he wants to take me to get a abortion after doing a lot of reading I'm afraid I will regret my decision any advice ???
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
triggersmom27
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
If it were me i would care the baby and decide in the end. if you feel you are not ready for a baby or cant handle it for whatever reason there are so many loving couples that would love to adopt the baby.
Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

if you already think you will regret it then more than likely you will, there are other options out there. Just because you are pro choice doesn't mean it's the right decision for YOU

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I'd carry the baby to full term and choose adoption, if I was incapable of being a parent.
MamaStro89
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM

carry the  baby, once you start to feel him/her move you may change your mind and decide to keep the baby. and if not then like someone already said there are lots of loving couples that are ready for a baby and want one more than anything.

CafeMom Tickers
leew8372
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:33 AM

How far along are you? If it's still early you have some time yet to think of your decision. I'm pro-choice as well, but I would never tell someone they "have" to get an abortion. Only you can decide what you want to do. There are always options like adoption, there are so many couples out there looking to adopt and you could completely change someone's life in such a good way by helping them. You also need to think about the actual pregnancy, are you prepared to have a baby, like quitting smoking, drinking, drugs (if you do any), are you willing to change your lifestyle for the baby (if you keep it or give it up, it still needs to be healthy). If you want to keep the baby, are you financially/mentally/ emotionally capable of caring for it and loving it? There's so much that you need to decide for yourself, I assume the baby's father doesn't want to be involved, so can you care for the child without his assistance?

Christenrenee
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Just because you're prochoice doesn't mean its the right decision for you.  My pregnancy was unplanned.  My bf and I were broken up.  He wanted me to have an abortion. I already knew that was out of the question. I planned on keeping the baby  && I was willing to do whatever I needed to do to make things work out.

babyfish0511
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I got pregnant young. I wasn't ready and as soon as I told the babys daddy he left me to handle it alone. I kept my baby and as time went by I knew I was going to keep her. Once she was born everything came natural and I am so glad I kept her! I now have a beautiful and smart 6 yr old daughter and I wouldn't trade her for the world. It wasn't easy but more than worth it! Even if you are not ready to be a parent, I think adoption is the best choice because there are so many people who would love to adopt a child. A baby is a human from conception in my opinion. I couldn't live w knowing I had an abortion. I don't judge people who do but there are better choices out there than getting rid of an innocent life. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I agree

Quoting Larsbug:

if you already think you will regret it then more than likely you will, there are other options out there. Just because you are pro choice doesn't mean it's the right decision for YOU

samsanders
by Samantha on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Your body your decision. And I agree with pp if you are already starting to feel that you'll regret it then you will. And this is something you can't change if you choose to do so. But this is up to you, none of us can choose for you. Just go with what your heart is telling you to do. I'm sorry you have to choose this. I'm 17 weeks and starting to feel light flutters and I tell you what it's the most amazing feeling. I am already so deeply in love with and invested in this baby. He or she is my world. I wouldn't trade or for anything. :-)
webgirl8369
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Pro choice means you believe women have the right to choose, that means you too. Do what you feel is best in your heart. (Hugs) good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)