Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

In Labor - update

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this
In labor, slow-ish progression, the contractions are strong but far apart. 4cm and 90%, declined admittance at this point. I want to labor on my own as much as possible. Only crappy part is that I am from an Island in Alaska that doesn't deliver babies, and I am high risk due to a chronic bowel disease, so I am in Seattle laboring in a hotel room silently as my 2 year old DD sleeps in a pack and play and beating my poor husband up to help keep myself quiet.
Excited to see my baby boy soon! And, he'll probably be born on his exact due date!!!

UPDATE:
Chandler Mark Roane born Sunday Sept. 8th 2013 at 8:53am PST.
8lbs 1.8oz 21in
Pictures in replies!

After I went to the hotel about 10:30pm the contractions got extremely intense and I went RUSHING to the hospital at 1:30am. The pain was so severe I literally would fall to my knees. I was admitted immediately, had gone from 4 to 6 in those 3 hours. I WANTED to start pushing at 7:30am, began pushing at 8:27am (I was still 6cm at 6:00am and was complete at 7:30am.) And he was born at 8:53am! On his due date!! We were cleaned and fed just in time to watch the Seahawks game!! AND we won! Woo hoo!
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytosixboys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Awwww goodluck and congrats hope it goes fast for u and u will be holding your little boy soon :)
BeautifulFey
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I'm actually talking a girl through early labour at the moment,

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM
How far apart are the contractions?
robbinbj
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM
6-8min, but super painful
DomsMama07
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Why all the way to Seattle? Wouldn't somewhere in Alaska be closer?
robbinbj
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM
The only hospital in AK with a high risk clinic and NICU is in Anchorage, same distance, more expensive.

Quoting DomsMama07:

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Wow! You must be super mom! Having contractions and answering questions on cafemom at the same time! LOL
DomsMama07
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Oh I see! Did you drive to Seattle or fly? Hopefully not drove, if so that's a long ride back with a new one! :) Hope labor goes smooth! GL!

Quoting robbinbj:

The only hospital in AK with a high risk clinic and NICU is in Anchorage, same distance, more expensive.

Quoting DomsMama07:

robbinbj
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Fly, you can't drive off an island. I could've taken a ferry boat if I wanted. But the boat is a 3 day trip, yuck!

Quoting DomsMama07:

Oh I see! Did you drive to Seattle or fly? Hopefully not drove, if so that's a long ride back with a new one! :) Hope labor goes smooth! GL!

Quoting robbinbj:

Quoting DomsMama07:

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Good luck and congrats!

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)