Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you do this for your birth?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 57 Replies
Did you groom "down there" for the birth?

I'm pregnant with my first so I'm trying to plan for everything. My mom and SO's mom will be present for our birth, I'm not sure how I feel about his mom seeing my hoo-ha, but I'm sure at that point she'll be the least of my worries.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sm12
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I doubt anyone is going to notice or give any thought about it.  I always remove everything but it got harder toward the end so it was a little more than usual.  This time I have been keeping up with waxing.  Do what makes you comfortable.  Not sure if you are thinking of removing everything or just some trimming but keep in mind if you want everything out and you shave it will itch and get uncomfy.  Also in case you need stitches at least you will be all clean down there.  Waxing is definitely better than shaving.

KelliansMom
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:09 AM
By that time I couldnt see let alone reach down there to do that. My mom husband and mother in law were all in the room I was more worried about getting my son out them what I looked like down there.
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
See? I figured nobody would care about my lady bits, but I will care. Haha. I've never waxed anything on my body so I'm not sure what to expect or anything like that. I figure SO will shave me prior to giving birth, which we've already kind of have talked about, but I'm just curious if there are any ladies out there who have kind of the same thought process as I do.

Quoting sm12:

I doubt anyone is going to notice or give any thought about it.  I always remove everything but it got harder toward the end so it was a little more than usual.  This time I have been keeping up with waxing.  Do what makes you comfortable.  Not sure if you are thinking of removing everything or just some trimming but keep in mind if you want everything out and you shave it will itch and get uncomfy.  Also in case you need stitches at least you will be all clean down there.  Waxing is definitely better than shaving.

fiiasco
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I did, but everyone told me they didn't realize lol
CelestialSong
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Well, not specifically for the birth, I just do all the time. I use an electric shaver so I don't even need to see.

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Nope!  LOL, a little hair isn't the worst people have seen ;)

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Nope and when I had a repeat cs, I didn't even think to shave my scar and the nurse had to.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't because when I go in for my repreat c-section the groom it for me lol

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

No, I didn't. I do a little fixing up the best I can, but I don't go nuts over it and I don't start grooming before the hospital or anything. Really it's the last thing on my mind!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Nope, I couldn't reach and was worried about cutting myself. Trust me, at that point and time. It is the last thing on your mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)