Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My unborn babies are so weird! Anyone else?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

My twins seem so weird! I know other people who are actively pregnant or just gave birth and they all loved sweets. I even know someone who made chocolate gravy (which made me question, because isn't that jsut chocolate pudding? lol) and my sister in law is always craving candy. My twins hate sweet! I eat a little piece of candy and get nauseas. I put sugar in tea and get nauseas. In fact, I loved chamomile tea before and they hate it with any sugar, and the only tea that settles well is lemon grass (which I hated before.) Drinks have to have barely any sugar, and food has to be perfectly balanced between seasoned and unseasoned. If it's barely seasoned, I hate it. and if it's what normal people think is amazing and perfect, it's too salty or seasoned to me. But at the same time, plain water makes me feel sick (and my OB told me that the plain water may be making me vomit more) but juice is over powering and even apple juice that I thought was weak before is super strong now. They also tell me that I'm craving things and that I have to have them right now, but as soon as I get the food and eat it, they are like 'nahhh.' and 'give it back'. My OB laughed and said that they are just letting me know that they are okay in there and that they are perfectly healthy, and told me to drink pediasure just for the extra nutrients. Does anybody else have a super picky baby (or babies) hanging out in their uterus?

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christenrenee
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I didn't like sweets earlier in my pregnancy.  Now I have to have chocolate everyday.

Christenrenee
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Congrats on your twins btw.  I always wanted to have twins.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM
With my daughter I hated sweet too. I was all about salty and sour. With my son I only wanted sweets
ElsaH
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I'm 11 or 12 weeks along, and this is my very first pregnany. so it may change. But man, right now they are so darned picky. and everything causes my throat to feel on fire from acid. Juice sets off heartburn. It's crazy.

ElsaH
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

And thank you very much. :]

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Before this preg I was a chocohaulic now not so much .  I want anything melty & cheesy!  I have 4 containers full of ice cream in my fridge right not I'm not remotely interested in eating it!  But give me a jar of pickles!  I will devour it!

VintageWife
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

With each of my pregnancies, I've added a new food to my list that I like. For example, before my pregnancy with #2, I hated bell peppers but now I like them. Each pregnancy has been something different.

webgirl8369
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:43 AM
My baby is very picky. All it wants are shrimp, icees, and watermelon. I can't eat anything I used to like. I can't even stand salmon which used to be my favorite food.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I'm not a big sugar fan myself.
Caitwald24
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Oh I'm a sugar freak. So is my little boy! Funny thing is he hates ranch! Every time I eat it I end up throwing up. And ranch is my favorite! Haha. He's like his daddy. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN