Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

16 weeks with 4th baby and don't feel movement

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 28 Replies
I felt movement at 12-13 weeks but around 14 weeks I didn't feel anything I had one time since 13 weeks I've thought I felt baby move but that's been it.

Should I be worried? I keep trying not to stress about it. Am I just being a worry wart?
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamarrow
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I had twins my first pregnancy and I didn't really start feeling its of moment till 18+ weeks.I never had any issues and I went for ultrasounds every two weeks.
valrubio
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

No, lots of people might have a little flutters but most real movement usually doesn't happen til about 20 weeks.

Jen4boys06
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

16 weeks is still pretty early. I'm pregnant with my 5th and didn't feel definite movement until 18+ weeks. 

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You can ask but it can be very normal too if you have an anterior placenta! I have one for the first time and I didn't feel this baby until nearly 20 weeks because of it!  Always talk to your doctor though. Peace of mind is very important :)

jae414
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 16 weeks as well and haven't felt anything but flutters. It's common at this stage. Baby is tiny and has lots of room in there. Don't worry. :)
MamaRoss87
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM

thats funny that u said this i felt mine at 10 and 11 weeks now nothing and i know it wasnt gas cuz i just now started getting gas and dont feel like flix dr said its normal

VintageWife
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I felt the first one later and the next two very early and now on my 4th, I didn't feel her till after 22 wks or more. I'm 35 wks and I still can't feel her as often. I do have an anterior placenta though. Did they tell you where your placenta is?

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM

at 16wks it's still considered "early", you could also have a anterior placenta. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Wow! That is super early. Baby is so small at this point that it can hide in so many places and not be felt. You shouldn't be worried about feeling movement at all until 21 weeks and 28 weeks for regular movement.

Johlsh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM
You may have anterior placenta where its in front and makes it more difficult to feel baby.
I had it with all three pregnancies. It definitely cuts down being able to feel as early and as often
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN