Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

can someone tell me if this is braxton hicks

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

so i know it's tightening of the uterus. but i haven't ever had them. not that i know of. but here recently (30 weeks)  my whole entire stomache area has been tightening. no pressure like i'm going to deliver. but there's alot of tightening. i've asked my dr. and he said that it could just being baby moving to much it's like a fake braxton gicks contraction. but i'd like to know if the whole stomache could be tighten for a braxton hick contrations. like i said i have never known if i have had them and if i have i have never felt them.  so someone please help me. lol

pregnancy due date
babies
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BPiccini
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Yes BH contractions are usually the stomach getting very tight and then relief. real contractions typically start in your back and move to your stomach. also real contractions are consistent and will become more frequent and not change based on movement. BH will stop with position change or drinking water. I used to get BH when I was laying down and when I changed position the would stop. Good luck Momma. Of you are still unsure, go to the hospital to be checked.
forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM

i'm not in labor...it would be nice to know. lol but i dont get the whole back thing just in front. so i'm confused. everyone says goes from your back to the front. but i only have it in my front. is that the same? or possible?

Quoting BPiccini:

Yes BH contractions are usually the stomach getting very tight and then relief. real contractions typically start in your back and move to your stomach. also real contractions are consistent and will become more frequent and not change based on movement. BH will stop with position change or drinking water. I used to get BH when I was laying down and when I changed position the would stop. Good luck Momma. Of you are still unsure, go to the hospital to be checked.

pregnancy due date
babies
BPiccini
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Sounds like BH to me. I had the same symptoms for many weeks and it was my 5th pregnancy and I had never had a BH before.
forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:24 AM

if it is then it's been happening for a few weeks now.

Quoting BPiccini:

Sounds like BH to me. I had the same symptoms for many weeks and it was my 5th pregnancy and I had never had a BH before.

pregnancy due date
babies
theresa13183
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

that's basically what mine are

the entire belly gets really hard but it doesnt hurt....well it didn't used to hurt 

now that i'm 38 weeks theyre getting stronger and are starting to be slightly uncomfortable

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Okay, don't lisyen to anyone when they say "it will be this way" or "it will feel that way." Not even doctors or nurses because they can be full of shit, too! If it is tight and doesn't hurt it is a braxton hicks. If it hurts like hell, it is the real thing lol
forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Oh trust me I know what contractions feel like. Just not Braxton hicks. Baby # 2 in the belly.

Quoting jamamama00:

Okay, don't lisyen to anyone when they say "it will be this way" or "it will feel that way." Not even doctors or nurses because they can be full of shit, too! If it is tight and doesn't hurt it is a braxton hicks. If it hurts like hell, it is the real thing lol
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Sounds like bh to me.
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Quoting forsakenjewl24:

Oh trust me I know what contractions feel like. Just not Braxton hicks. Baby # 2 in the belly.

Quoting jamamama00:Okay, don't lisyen to anyone when they say "it will be this way" or "it will feel that way." Not even doctors or nurses because they can be full of shit, too! If it is tight and doesn't hurt it is a braxton hicks. If it hurts like hell, it is the real thing lol

Oh, okay! Lol then yeah...that sure as hell isnt a pain you forget!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN