Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

moms on their last pregnancy

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 41 Replies

This is my last pregnancy, i will be getting my tubes tied after this baby. As the pregnancy draws to a close (19 days until my induction) I have mixed feelings. I am excited because my baby will be here soon, but I am also saddened a bit because I know I will never experience pregnancy again and I did/do enjoy being pregnant...feeling my baby kick and move and that excitement. Any other moms having multiple/mixed feeling?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
If you have mixed feelings then don't do it.
LuvMommysBabies
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

i know i don't want anymore children and being high risk with my pregnancies, its also the best thing to do

Quoting iamnameless:

If you have mixed feelings then don't do it.

3_times_blessed
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I had my 5th and last baby May 30, had my Tubes tied July 22nd...I still have mixed emotions about it! I know I am done, all my pregnancies were high risk, involved medication to stop contractions, bed rest etc....but im still sad I'll never experience all the joys, excitement, anticipation of pregnancy again!!
LuvMommysBabies
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
That's how I'm feeling now

Quoting 3_times_blessed:

I had my 5th and last baby May 30, had my Tubes tied July 22nd...I still have mixed emotions about it! I know I am done, all my pregnancies were high risk, involved medication to stop contractions, bed rest etc....but im still sad I'll never experience all the joys, excitement, anticipation of pregnancy again!!
Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly no lol.this pregnancy was unexpected and I am having such a rough time so far. I will be excited when baby gets here but I don't want to go through this again. If my life was different and I could afford to stay home comfortably I would probably have a ton of kids. However we can't, I have to work, and being a working mom of three will be stressful enough. I will be getting my tubes tied and I'm ok with that, I think I might even feel relieved.
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Aww! I am right there with you! This is my last. My husband will be having a vasectomy. I am very sad and nervous... we have talked about maybe just being on birth control.. mirena preferably. I am so nervous about making a.decision that will last a lifetime.. I just know 4 is our limit :)
Karopie_99
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I had contemplated getting fixed when I had my 3rd child. But I got saddened by the thought of loosing my ability to have babies. But well, here I am 33 weeks pregnant and I KNOW I'm done. Yes I will miss growing a life inside of me, feeling the movement and all that, but 4 I'm done
HKing01
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

This will be my 4th and last baby. I'm kind of sad but I know I just can't have anymore. All of my pregnancies have ended in c-sections and I just don't want keep risking my health by have anymore. If I had not been through all the c-section I may have been open to having more some day, I'm only 28.

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
This will be our second and last baby. I also plan to tie my tubes afterwards because we really don't want anymore. I'm not a fan on pregnancy lol and it's not a fun experience for me. I'll be so happy when this baby comes and wont think twice about being sad that we aren't having more.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
This is my 5th baby and I'm pretty sure we are done. Dh claimed he will get snipped, lol. I really am tired of pregnancy ( 6 in 9 years). It really wears me down. I'm sure I will miss it eventually but I am focusing on that fact that in not too many years my kids will be having kids. Then I can be excited about their pregnancies without any of the discomfort, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)