Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else hate sleeping on their left side?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I think its the most uncomfortable thing in the world!!!! Even when I'm not pregnant, I just can't stand sleeping on my left side. I find myself many times, waking up in the morning facing my right. I guess my body knows what it likes?

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

there's nothing wrong with sleeping on your right side and my ob says it's really not so terrible to sleep part of the time on your back. the left is just best. 

I actually do sleep on my left side when i'm not pregnant but i do HATE it now that I am. It's weird. I am 33 weeks and likea  fire breathing dragon so i sleep mostly sitting up/propped up with like 7 pillows. 

charley31
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yep I can't do it. Last pregnancy I tried an couldn't. This time I have given up and sleep on my right side.
Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My dr never said anything about sleeping position other than my body would let me know if there was an issue. By the time I was halfway through my second pregnancy I would wake up and roll over constantly between my sides (both) and sleeping on my belly sometimes. My legs would go numb or she would start moving around so much it would wake me up so I would change position. Even now I wake a lot to change position and she is 13 months old.
Goddesswillow
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM

right now I'm at the point of being tired of sleeping on my side at all. I have to constantly switch sides to keep everything from turning red and hurting like crazy, even with a pillow, but the pillow does allow me to lay on one side a bit longer and not get as big of a red mark

davidnjonsmommy
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Yep. I mostly sleep on my right side. I can't wait until I have this baby and can sleep on my stomach again! Lol
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Me... I try to sleep on my left or right because I'm a belly and back sleeper... I wake up every morning on my back because of course I can't sleep on my belly
PrinceMomma486
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM

After my first 'by the book' pregnancy I vowed to always sleep on my left side....my husband hates it because my back is turned towards him.

mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Same here! I wish I Could belly sleep but this 29 weeks with twins belly won't allow that! I'm usually always on my right side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I HATE it. I try to do because its "best" but I usually end up on my right side. Oh to be able to sleep on my stomach again.. I'm counting down!
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM

As long as you're comfortable, you're fine! Your body would tell you to move if you needed to. :) I hate sleeping on my left side, because that means I face directly into the fan that my hubby keeps on his side of the bed. No thank you! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured