Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

this is strange...

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 9 Replies
Been having contractions (not the strange part lol) and of course they hurt like the dickens... but after the contraction passes, my hip (on right side), feels like its gonna detach from my body and hurts so bad...

Wonder what that is...
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM

maybe its the baby descending?

mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Oh I'm for sure dropping I took comparison pics but dear jesus this kid has got to be completely on my right side lol... he does enjoy that side... lol... his head feel like its gonna fall out when I walk lmao...

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

maybe its the baby descending?

PyschMeh
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

My hip does that even when I'm not pregnant. Been doing it since I was 14 or so. I've gotten used to it, and have never looked into it enough to find out why. When I was about 20 I got in a position where I'm sure it popped out of place, I had my sister pull my leg and it worked. After that I saw a chiropractor and it didn't bother me for years, then it came back. Maybe one day I'll remember to ask my doctor about it, I always forget cause I'm so used to it.

pregnancy calendar
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Baby's probably moving lower into birthing position. 

mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I know he is because I'm dilating and at a -1 station... I just never had this with my girls

Quoting Devious103102:

Baby's probably moving lower into birthing position. 

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Obviously you know you're heading into baby time, but it also sounds like baby is resting (even partially) on your sciatic nerve. Fun stuff huh!?

lauren.m
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
That happened to me with my second child. Sucks bad and I didn't find any relief for it. I hope u can :)
robbinbj
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I had this feeling, baby was posterior. I delivered "sunny side up" or nose up , spine to spine. SEVERE pain!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Ouch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)