Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

back labor???

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
What does it feel like, is it actual labor? Do you still get contractions?

Can you please explain it? Im not sure if im experienceing this or not.....
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clemency3
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately I cannot say for sure. However, with this pregnancy my braxton hicks have changed from the front to my back. I get tons of pressure that come and go like contractions. everything tightens up and so forth. 

I have always been told by my previous OB's that regardless of front/back labor they will still come on like contractions. You should be able to time them and so forth. IF you can time them and they are consistant and all you could be in labor. I don't think it would hurt to consult your doctor to be sure. 

CafeMom Tickers
firsttimer612
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Im not having contractions per say... it mainly hurts when i sit up or change positions when laying down, the pain is like a pressure/sharp pain

Quoting Clemency3:

Unfortunately I cannot say for sure. However, with this pregnancy my braxton hicks have changed from the front to my back. I get tons of pressure that come and go like contractions. everything tightens up and so forth. 

I have always been told by my previous OB's that regardless of front/back labor they will still come on like contractions. You should be able to time them and so forth. IF you can time them and they are consistant and all you could be in labor. I don't think it would hurt to consult your doctor to be sure. 

squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I had back labor with my 10 month old due to a dislocated tailbone. The easiest way I can think to explain how it felt to me was someone shoved a burning rod through my back muscles. During the contractions, it felt like that "rod" was being turned. It hurt like hell during the contractions, but the pain didn't go away completely after each one.

I would try timing the pains and see if they are consistent. If they have any pattern, put a call into your dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clemency3
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM

that could be more like a nerve thing. maybe baby is shifting onto a nerve when you move like that. 

Quoting firsttimer612:

Im not having contractions per say... it mainly hurts when i sit up or change positions when laying down, the pain is like a pressure/sharp pain

Quoting Clemency3:

firsttimer612
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Im not havin contractions the pain is mainly when i move, but its a constant pain, it gets worse when i change positions while laying down or if i sit up

Quoting squeakers2:

I had back labor with my 10 month old due to a dislocated tailbone. The easiest way I can think to explain how it felt to me was someone shoved a burning rod through my back muscles. During the contractions, it felt like that "rod" was being turned. It hurt like hell during the contractions, but the pain didn't go away completely after each one.

I would try timing the pains and see if they are consistent. If they have any pattern, put a call into your dr.

squeakers2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Could it be round ligament pains?

Quoting firsttimer612:

Im not havin contractions the pain is mainly when i move, but its a constant pain, it gets worse when i change positions while laying down or if i sit up

Quoting squeakers2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firsttimer612
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Not that i know of, its mainly just on the left side of my lower back

Quoting squeakers2:

Could it be round ligament pains?

Quoting firsttimer612:

Quoting squeakers2:

MrsMoretz
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I had labor pains in.my back with my first. It feels like the worst Charlie horse ever I'm your mid/lower back. But they come/work like regular contractions
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM
It felt like someone bent me over backwards and left me there to suffer. Everything that I felt was in my back and my pelvis
AllysMommy2013
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if it was back labor... but I had BH so bad I had to go into the OB dept on Sat. I was having contractions with shooting pains in my lower back that I could barely walk I had them for two days before I went in. it can be a sign your going into labor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN