Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Newborn Routine

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 40 Replies

Hello Moms

I wanted to pick the brain of ladies whom already have children. Did you have a schedule or a routine for your newborn? If so could you please give me a timeline so I can see how you did it when you had a newborn. And please tell me if it worked well.

Thanks.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleybgarcia
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM
No. Not ready at nb stage . But around a few months old. Eat, short activity, sleep.
shortcake82418
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Many newborns are wide awake at night and around 3 months or so get into a sleeping through the night routine. But I had to have someone else rock him right before bed time...he didn't sleep for me lol. I'd either put on classical music or a fan so he'd know that meant sleepy time. He either slept in a bassinet or his swing, he didn't like his crib.

JsunkissedB
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

i would start a routine around 3 months, that is usually when my babys start fighting sleep. An over tired baby is ALOT harder to put to sleep. A nb you pretty much feed on demand diaper before every feeding in case the fall asleep afterwards. If they dont fall asleep while eating max i would keep away is an hour or so. You will get a routine, all babys are different and have different needs. Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM

No, not really...I just went with the flow of what the baby needed as a newborn.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:34 PM

This.  

Quoting meam4444:

No, not really...I just went with the flow of what the baby needed as a newborn.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Momof2-87
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Nope. I wish it was that simple to have a routine going at this stage especially when you have toddler at home.
KelliansMom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM
It was much easier to just go with the flow the first few months.
MrsSexyCurtains
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I got lucky with dd, she slept at night and was awake during the day. Of course she got up to eat but not every baby is the same. I'd say just take it one day at a time.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I basically worked my butt off to keep my daughter awake during the day so she would sleep at night. I would get her butt naked (which she hated because it would make her a little chilly) and that would wake her up for a little longer during the day. I also let her cry it out at night after the first few weeks which sucked because I wanted to just pick her up and cuddle her but in the long run it was great because she started sleeping through the night at 5 months and has ever since (shes 5 years old now).

Randi02
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Cry it out is not recommended for babies under 6 months. . It would be neglect to do that to a newborn.

Quoting marissabrookee:

I basically worked my butt off to keep my daughter awake during the day so she would sleep at night. I would get her butt naked (which she hated because it would make her a little chilly) and that would wake her up for a little longer during the day. I also let her cry it out at night after the first few weeks which sucked because I wanted to just pick her up and cuddle her but in the long run it was great because she started sleeping through the night at 5 months and has ever since (shes 5 years old now).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)