Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

HPV symptoms during pregnancy?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
So in the early weeks of my pregnancy I had produced a little genitial skintag. I even asked my OBGYN repeatedly if it was anything to worry about since it was growing. She simply replied skintags are normal with pregnancies and just like all other things, it'll grow.

Well I'm 34 weeks now and just a few weeks ago I encouraged her to take another look because I was having more appear! She then told me I had HPV and the pregnancy increased the chances of a breakout.

She told me I could do nothing about it now, but she would give me medicine after the delivery. (Very annoying since they're nasty looking, multipling, and I don't feel like having everyone stare at them while I'm pushing!) Ha.

So a few questions,

My OBGYN said there's no risk to my daughter with them and giving a vaginal birth. Is this true? Or have you been told different. (Like passing it on to her while delivering)

Is there any medicine for them that's safe during pregnancy? Home Remedies?

Did it effect your pregnancy other than just the breakout?

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LeeBug32
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I don't know anything about this, but here's a bump.

esox
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
That sucks :/ I wonder how she missed that during your last pap. I guess hpv can come on and clear up on its own but still, to tell you it was just a skintag was unprofessional. No idea about home remedies for chicks. Sorry
NattiesMomm
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I thought it was very unprofessional as well That's why I'm hoping someone with exprience let's me know how this can effect my child, because my OBGYN isn't truly focused on the well being of myself and child I feel like. :(

Quoting esox:

That sucks :/ I wonder how she missed that during your last pap. I guess hpv can come on and clear up on its own but still, to tell you it was just a skintag was unprofessional. No idea about home remedies for chicks. Sorry

skysmomma730
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

When they do the HPV test during a pap, they only look for the dangerous strains of it. I have HPV and I have developed a few as well. They will come and go. I had a normal vaginal birth with my son and it did not pass to him, and alot of them went away after birth. Most important thing though is to not pick at them. If they bleed they can cause more. Extra blood flow, stress, and pressure is what make them multiply. Your baby will be ok.

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM

If your able to PM me ... I have something that you might want to take a look at

QJsmommy
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I was told today there are a lot of strands of HPV and they only test for 16 and 18 which I believe are the most likely to turn into cancer, that may be how they missed it. But not doing anything about your concern was not right. And I find that very odd! I know someone who found out they have it now and she's pregnant and they said it could pass to the baby but I don't see how.. sorry I'm no help! GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)