Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can anyone help?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

This is kinda off topic, thought someone could help.

This is my problem/question. My sister-in-law is only 23 years old, she has this problem where she bleeds, like on a period constantly. This has been going on for almost a year, she has one child, who is 15 mos old.This didn't start until after she had her daughter. She has been to the doctor several times over this and they can't come up with an explanation. They tried to tell her that she has uterine fibroids, which were causing the bleeding, so they tried several different medications and nothing worked, so they had to do a D&C to remove them to hopefully stop the bleeding. That was just as few months ago. The bleeding has since returned with a vengence, she is bleeding heavy and constant. The doctors can't seem to come up with anything and tell her she may need a hysterectomy to get it to stop :(

My question is if anyone has been through this, or heard of it? What was the cause? ANY input is appreciated. Maybe she can bring something up to the doctor?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mamamixitup
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:01 AM
So sorry to hear, she is young. Is she still ovulating if so she should try to conceive again or go on Birth control pills. If she is not planning on having more kids a hysterectomy is the only other choice. I would try birth controls first
TammyHelton
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I had the same problem when I miscarried my daughter in sept of 2011 I was told that it was due to uterine fibroids which was confirmed with an ultra sound I had four one the size of a grapefruit on the inside and three the size of a baseball on the outside. I had fibroid surgery April 16th 2012. still bleed for two months after that then back to normal periods that my husband said he could set a clock to lol. Here I am a year latter in my 26th week of pregnancy with another daughter. I hope this helps you.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:56 AM
It sounds like the standard "dysfunctional uterine bleeding" diagnosis. Has she been checked for hormonal imbalances, clotting disorders, or internal trauma?
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM

o wow that is sooo sad!! im sooo sorry!! well i hope she has gone to see and gotten a different opinion! hope she feels better!

katamike
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I am not so sure about the clotting disorder, but she did say she was anemic, maybe the low iron has something to do with it? I doubt she has been screened for internal trauma, but they did check her when they did the surgery and said all was ok. it is just so strange, noone else in her family has ever had this..

Quoting Pandapanda:

It sounds like the standard "dysfunctional uterine bleeding" diagnosis. Has she been checked for hormonal imbalances, clotting disorders, or internal trauma?

katamike
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

They tried birth control pills and nothing worked, it almost made it worse. but thank you. I am sure she wants more kids, her and her husband have only been married for less than 2 years :(

Quoting Mamamixitup:

So sorry to hear, she is young. Is she still ovulating if so she should try to conceive again or go on Birth control pills. If she is not planning on having more kids a hysterectomy is the only other choice. I would try birth controls first

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)