Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is there anything on the 'No No' list you haven't given up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there anything on the 'No No' list you haven't given up?

When I was pregnant with my first two, I didn't realized you shouldn't have lunch meat and ate it pretty frequently. With my last pregnancy, I only had it on occasion.

I also never gave up caffiene entirely. I tried to scale it back to less than what I was drinking.

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
BFelty01
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Caffeine and smoking...ok the smoking is way way down to maybe one A day if that. My caffeine is pretty much limited to one dr or two dr.peppers or a cup of tea, I still love my steaks and SOME sandwich meat but it depends lol
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I don't do drugs, drink, or smoke. I limit caffeine. I don't think depriving yourself of anything is necessary, moderation is key.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I never gave anything up during pregnancy. I didn't drink caffeine to begin with so no issue there, I hardly every drink so during pregnancy I just have a sip or 2 occasionally. I still eat lunch meat, because it really isn't that big of a deal. And I never really had sea food or raw meat to begin with.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM

With my kids I didn't get up caffeine (I of course cut way back on how much I drank) or lunch meat

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Mum.Love
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM

See I'm lucky, Per My OB orders I'm allowed to have a few cans of pop a day! Caffeine was much safer than a Cat D migraine med. So I didn't really have to limit anything..I'm not much of a lunch meat Mum anyways so no worries there. I don't drink alcohol anyways when not preggo so thats not missing out. I quit smoking when I was diagnosed with copd 7 mos ago anyways and switched to water vapor e-cig which even that is limited regardless of how safe. We don't eat pork being Jewish anyways so no worries of how well that is cooked like some OBs list. I had to quit my norcos for the wide arrange of chronic problems I have.. so I will most likely be put on them again during a few weeks off and on in 3rd tri. Other than that, I eat healthy, drink healthy and don't consume junk anyways. Not much of limits for myself♥

♥Crunchy AP SAHM Mommy Love to 3 AhhMazing Love Bugs & Preggo w/Love Baby#4 & Married to My BFF, 9.5yrs♥

♥Add Me on FB♥ www.facebook.com/Hanna.Love82

babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting azn_ladie82:

What's wrong with lunch meat? I've had to give up coffee- the smell doesn't please me anymore and I loved coffee!

It can contain Listeria which is a bacteria and it causes food poisoning. It mainly affects pregnant women, newborns, the elderly and people w impaired immune systems. I was told by 2 medical professionals it's fine to eat lunch meat as long as it's heated bubbly hot. It can make anyone sick though. I ate alot of Subway during my last pregnancy and this pregnancy as well. I just have them heat it really well til it's steaming hot.
babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Caffeine although I have cut way back on it. 

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

caffeine isnt a no no for me, I can have up to 200 mg a day, but I did give it up for the first trimester.. other than that I cant give up hot dogs! I have been able to say no for the most part but I have had a couple:) other than that I stay away from the no no's.. after one mc it just isnt worth the risk!

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM

worst case scenario listeria can cause a miscarriage:( not worth it to me! Ill eat a roast beef here or there but after its heated up:)

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

What's wrong with lunch meat? I've had to give up coffee- the smell doesn't please me anymore and I loved coffee!

It can contain Listeria which is a bacteria and it causes food poisoning. It mainly affects pregnant women, newborns, the elderly and people w impaired immune systems. I was told by 2 medical professionals it's fine to eat lunch meat as long as it's heated bubbly hot. It can make anyone sick though. I ate alot of Subway during my last pregnancy and this pregnancy as well. I just have them heat it really well til it's steaming hot.

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
ilovemykids732
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I still eat lunch meat once in a while, and coffee? I need it to stay sane... :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)