Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is there anything on the 'No No' list you haven't given up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there anything on the 'No No' list you haven't given up?

When I was pregnant with my first two, I didn't realized you shouldn't have lunch meat and ate it pretty frequently. With my last pregnancy, I only had it on occasion.

I also never gave up caffiene entirely. I tried to scale it back to less than what I was drinking.

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I either do the Chicken or the club. I don't worry since I have them get it super hot. I like doing roast beef and cheddar at home. I like to brown the roast beef in a skillet. It's so good!! Lol!
Quoting jayangel82:

worst case scenario listeria can cause a miscarriage:( not worth it to me! Ill eat a roast beef here or there but after its heated up:)

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

What's wrong with lunch meat? I've had to give up coffee- the smell doesn't please me anymore and I loved coffee!

It can contain Listeria which is a bacteria and it causes food poisoning. It mainly affects pregnant women, newborns, the elderly and people w impaired immune systems. I was told by 2 medical professionals it's fine to eat lunch meat as long as it's heated bubbly hot. It can make anyone sick though. I ate alot of Subway during my last pregnancy and this pregnancy as well. I just have them heat it really well til it's steaming hot.

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM

mmmmm I want a french dip now! lol

Quoting babyfish0511:

I either do the Chicken or the club. I don't worry since I have them get it super hot. I like doing roast beef and cheddar at home. I like to brown the roast beef in a skillet. It's so good!! Lol!
Quoting jayangel82:

worst case scenario listeria can cause a miscarriage:( not worth it to me! Ill eat a roast beef here or there but after its heated up:)

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

What's wrong with lunch meat? I've had to give up coffee- the smell doesn't please me anymore and I loved coffee!

It can contain Listeria which is a bacteria and it causes food poisoning. It mainly affects pregnant women, newborns, the elderly and people w impaired immune systems. I was told by 2 medical professionals it's fine to eat lunch meat as long as it's heated bubbly hot. It can make anyone sick though. I ate alot of Subway during my last pregnancy and this pregnancy as well. I just have them heat it really well til it's steaming hot.

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Omg that does sound good! LOL! I have been craving sour cream and onion dip but can't find it anywhere! I bet I could find a recipe though! ;)
Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

SaratheV
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I haven't change anything in my daily life.
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
look in the seasoning isle! They should have packets to make it:) Ive been craving buffalo chicken strips,... and that swhat I just had! Much better than yesterdays craving (a vanilla cream filled doughnut) that I could not find anywhere and ended up in tears! lmao!!
Quoting babyfish0511:

Omg that does sound good! LOL! I have been craving sour cream and onion dip but can't find it anywhere! I bet I could find a recipe though! ;)
Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales
 BabyFruit Ticker
jae414
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I still drink dt. drinks, and get fussed at all the time by a friend. And I still have caffeine sometimes.
azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hmm... I don't remember my doctors ever telling me this with my other children.

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe! Lol! I am sorry you couldn't find any! I would have cried too! Lol! I am gonna go look for that tomorrow! My mouth is watering now! Lol! When I was pregnant w DD they use Toms use to have a sour cream and onion dip and I so wish I could find that one again! It was amazing!
Quoting jayangel82:

look in the seasoning isle! They should have packets to make it:) Ive been craving buffalo chicken strips,... and that swhat I just had! Much better than yesterdays craving (a vanilla cream filled doughnut) that I could not find anywhere and ended up in tears! lmao!!
Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting jayangel82:

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM
My first pregnancy, I had no idea about it. This time I asked since my sister told me I shouldn't eat it. I can't go without Subway! LOL! I think it's the heating of the meat that is suppose to get rid of the bacteria. I am not in any way a doctor though. If you feel uncomfortable you can ask what they think about it. I personally have never gotten sick from it.
Quoting azn_ladie82:

Hmm... I don't remember my doctors ever telling me this with my other children.

Quoting babyfish0511:

Quoting azn_ladie82:

Goddesswillow
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM

i still drink tea with caffeine, before getting pregnant i wasn't able to have much caffeine, it just messes with my mind if i have more than a cup or 2 of caffeinated tea, and i always double seep my tea bags so the caffeine content isn't as strong the second time around, and since my own personal caffeine intake level is lower than the recommended i know i'm fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)