Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is there anything on the 'No No' list you haven't given up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there anything on the 'No No' list you haven't given up?

When I was pregnant with my first two, I didn't realized you shouldn't have lunch meat and ate it pretty frequently. With my last pregnancy, I only had it on occasion.

I also never gave up caffiene entirely. I tried to scale it back to less than what I was drinking.

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
EAtwinmomma
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Coffee and lunch meat and hotdogs. Dr said moderation is fine and that's basically all I want to eat lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrimalMom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Oh man almost read this post the wrong way! ha! I don't smoke or drink alcohol. I don't ever give up anything food related because I'd rather eat a bunch of food than suck down a lot of prenatals and vitamins that I'm not getting from my food already. I already don't eat much in the junk food department so that's an easy one to give up. Oh and seafood has a bad reputation but I am pretty positive I eat more salmon and seafood with this baby than I did with any of the others. Like most, my baby will probably turn out just fine :)

Koux
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I still eat deli meats (though in moderation, and heated whenever possible). I also still eat soft cheeses made from pasteurized milk (like feta).
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Caffiene, cold cuts, hot dogs.. I think that's it, lol. 

Brycensmommy85
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I ate lunchmeat and I had to have caffine or I'd get awful headaches. I also had horrible heartburn in my last trimester and I asked my dr if it was ok to take pepcid or something stronger than tums for it and she said sure. Some moms acted like I was awful for taking meds but I couldn't sleep without them the burning was unbearable and my son was perfectly healthy so whatever. I did ask my dr tho before taking any meds but not about eating food. I only avoided alcohol, smoking, aspartame and sushi.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Caffine. I try to cut back because I know it's not best for the baby, but then again neither is being born in prison because mama stabbed someone without her morning coffee ;-)

Haha, yeah that wouldn't be good.

Goondoggle
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Hot showers, lunch meat. I gave up soda. What more do they want?
Wheepingchree
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I drink a few cups of coffee or tea throughout the week. I eat whatever cheese I feel like. I have a glass of wine every so often. I've eaten lunch meat. The only serious no-no for me, is smoking cigarettes. Those I quit before we began trying to get pregnant, so it's not an issue.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM

cold cuts and caffeine

mem82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Life isn't worth living without my caffeine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)