Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 cm dilated ay 21 weeks....

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
My worst nightmare. Its like im reliving my first pregnancy :(

I just hope that the progesteron shots im supost to start later today help me keep my baby in longer.

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Here's hoping things go easy and baby hangs in there. 

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Are you contracting? Why didn't they start at 16w?
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Are you still early enough in the pregnancy that they can put a stitch in your cervix and put you on bed rest hopefully getting you to 35 weeks 28 weeks at the very least.
1st_time_mom789
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you mama. Hang in there. (HUGS)

mfk3
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Are you contracting? Why didn't they start at 16w?

I was last night. I had to go to the er because I couldn't calm down what I thought was cramping.

The midwife didn't even remember about my preterm labor and birth from my previous pregnancy... But I start seeing my old doctor today, I wanted to see him since I found out I was pregnant but he was already booked.
mfk3
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Quoting DACIA79:

Are you still early enough in the pregnancy that they can put a stitch in your cervix and put you on bed rest hopefully getting you to 35 weeks 28 weeks at the very least.

I'm not sure I start seeing all my opitions when I see my doctor at two today.
With my son I started dilating at 20 weeks but thank God I made it through 33 weeks and he was healthy with no nicu care.
I just pray that if this is the same case thatat least my baby won't need nicu care like my son.
azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Good luck mama! I'm sure lots of questions and worries are running through your mind. ((HUGS)) Do they plan to put you on strict bedrest? I started dilating at 27 weeks with my second and third son.

mamav2215
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

my sister was stictched shut at 20 weeks and put on VERY strict bedrest. I think she was having contractions though also. 

She delivered at 38 weeks. 

Quoting DACIA79:

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM
If you have already had one baby sometimes the cervix stays open about 1cm. Maybe bc you saw a new provider that didnt know you well. I was a solid 1cm my entire second pregnancy, i was checked alot for preterm labor bc of issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured