Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you ever feel like you just don't belong

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 42 Replies
... In most pregnancy groups?

I'm just so different in my pregnancy and birth beliefs. I love you all. I love participating in conversations. I just don't 'fit in'. Sigh...

I'm just kind of feeling 'off' tonight.

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I feel that way sometimes.

Btw- are you expecting again?!
jojo_star
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I do, but not because of my beliefs, but of my feelings towards the pregnancy. I constantly monitor what I say about how I feel, because being honest just gets me nasty pm's and comments. You are very natural minded, aren't you? I think that is awesome! I'm an RN, I work labor and delivery, but I'm very natural as well, as much as I can be.
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Always. LOL

8 1/2 weeks

Quoting Pandapanda:

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I don't get nasty PMs, but curious ones. I'm odd, so I attract people. LOL! I love answering questions as best I can. I'm sure you understand. Things can just wear you down.

<3

Quoting jojo_star:

I do, but not because of my beliefs, but of my feelings towards the pregnancy. I constantly monitor what I say about how I feel, because being honest just gets me nasty pm's and comments. You are very natural minded, aren't you? I think that is awesome! I'm an RN, I work labor and delivery, but I'm very natural as well, as much as I can be.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Congrats! I was thinking today that it's been a while since I've seen a pregnancy announcement!

Quoting kcangel63:

Always. LOL

8 1/2 weeks

Quoting Pandapanda:

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM
A FB group I'm on had a huge boom. 1/3 of us are pregnant now. LOL! Some of the others are worried. ;)

Quoting Pandapanda:

Congrats! I was thinking today that it's been a while since I've seen a pregnancy announcement!

Quoting kcangel63:

Always. LOL

8 1/2 weeks

Quoting Pandapanda:

jojo_star
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I'm sure you do! Most women here are happy and excited to be pregnant. I'm not, I'm resentful, angry, and feel nothing for the baby. I downright hated him when it was at it's worst. We didn't want anymore kids, this is a birth control baby. To make things worse, it's been a shitty pregnancy, to the point where I considered an abortion just a few weeks ago, and I'll be 20 weeks on Saturday, just to be done with all this crap. It has gotten better, but I still feel nothing but some resentment and dislike towards the baby. I know it isn't popular to feel that way, but it's how I feel. I don't have a lot of friends that I really want to talk to about this, it's hard to open up, so I thought cafemom, anonymous, online, it'd be ok, but I ended up getting a boatload of nasty PM's, calling me every name in the book, begging me to give the baby up, etc. Lets see how many I get this time!

Sorry for venting on your post!

Quoting kcangel63:I don't get nasty PMs, but curious ones. I'm odd, so I attract people. LOL! I love answering questions as best I can. I'm sure you understand. Things can just wear you down.

<3

Quoting jojo_star:

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I'm sorry! I've been kind of in that place before. Hubby and I were in a rough patch when I was pregnant a few years ago. I was completely disconnected from my pregnancy. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to want my baby. I didn't though. I was sad, angry, and just didn't care at all. After she was born, it was a different story. The whole pregnancy, though, was just an ugly time for me.

You're not alone. There are many others who have been about where you are, or beyond. I hope there aren't any ladies here who are so awful that they would harass you over your feelings. It's not your fault.

Quoting jojo_star:

I'm sure you do! Most women here are happy and excited to be pregnant. I'm not, I'm resentful, angry, and feel nothing for the baby. I downright hated him when it was at it's worst. We didn't want anymore kids, this is a birth control baby. To make things worse, it's been a shitty pregnancy, to the point where I considered an abortion just a few weeks ago, and I'll be 20 weeks on Saturday, just to be done with all this crap. It has gotten better, but I still feel nothing but some resentment and dislike towards the baby. I know it isn't popular to feel that way, but it's how I feel. I don't have a lot of friends that I really want to talk to about this, it's hard to open up, so I thought cafemom, anonymous, online, it'd be ok, but I ended up getting a boatload of nasty PM's, calling me every name in the book, begging me to give the baby up, etc. Lets see how many I get this time!

Quoting kcangel63:I don't get nasty PMs, but curious ones. I'm odd, so I attract people. LOL! I love answering questions as best I can. I'm sure you understand. Things can just wear you down.

<3

Quoting jojo_star:

jojo_star
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I felt like this, even worse, when I was pregnant with my son, it was a totally different situation, but very bad. The second they handed him to me, I fell in love. While I realize that will probably happen this time as well, it doesn't change the way I feel right now. I know I'm not alone, mixed in with those nasty pm's were a very few honest ones, women who had felt, or did feel, like I do. I won't mention any names, but there are a few names in this group that I got those pm's from. I do blame myself, because it is my baby, mine and my husband's, and he's our first together, and I feel awful about how I feel sometimes, but in the end, I feel how I feel, I can't change that. Thank, btw. I'm sorry you went through something like this, it's an awful feeling. I'm glad it turned out well for you!

Quoting kcangel63:

I'm sorry! I've been kind of in that place before. Hubby and I were in a rough patch when I was pregnant a few years ago. I was completely disconnected from my pregnancy. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to want my baby. I didn't though. I was sad, angry, and just didn't care at all. After she was born, it was a different story. The whole pregnancy, though, was just an ugly time for me.

You're not alone. There are many others who have been about where you are, or beyond. I hope there aren't any ladies here who are so awful that they would harass you over your feelings. It's not your fault.

Quoting jojo_star:

<3

Quoting jojo_star:

stargaze281
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Hi. It's understandable that you didn't want to be pregnant but it isn't the babies fault and feeling resent and anger towards an innocent baby is very wrong. Think of it as a blessing instead of taking it in a negative manner.
Quoting jojo_star:

<3

Quoting jojo_star:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)