Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3rd trimester nightmare? ....

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I just woke up from a dream that I was with my ex, and telling him about my pregnancy, and then I went to the bathroom and started bleeding heavily... It was like it was tonight, only instead of being home in my bed, I was at his house, and it was all the same other than that. I was the same # of weeks pregnant, I was worried about getting to work tomorrow, I mentioned a test I have have schedualed in real life after work, but then I began bleeding. A lot. In my dream I was worried for my baby, I am goin crazy now. I'm worried about my baby and confused about what this dream means. It's the worst feeling ever to be awake and worried about this dream, so if any one is awake and has a helpful word, I'd appreciate it. Especially a psychologist. Lol. Thanks all.
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
caitieV
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I guess everyone's asleep.... I just can't seem to fall back to sleep tho...
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:30 AM

I have no idea would it could mean. Probably nothing.. Just try and relax. One thing I have noticed about being pregnant is the dreams are vivid and make no sense... I had a dream last week I had a tape worm, can damn well bet I have been scared to poop this week. lol

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Dreams like this are because of fears we have. Don't think too much into it.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Ugh dreams..this week I've had some bad ones

Merrick17
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Dreams don't mean anything really. They are mostly a manifestation of our worries and hopes. I had a similar bleeding dream the other night and nothing negative has happened. Don't worry, it will be nice once these silly dreams stop :)
Clemency3
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

lol...I am in school for Psychology and have lived my entire life of this field. So I can vouche that a psychologist will want more info. I can start by saying that it could be that you are getting nervous about the end (which is NORMAL!). I just had a dream last night that shortly after I gave birth to this baby I was pregnant with twins and this wild animal kept trying to attack me b/c of it..totally weird.

In my personal experience with my dreams and so forth I try to look at them from all emotional angles. One how worried am I? What was I thinking and going through my head just before I fell asleep? (Last night I was praying a lot to God b/c I am worried about my baby shower on Saturday and the twins came up in a conversation just a day before). Could be just a subconscious thing combining the two. 

A recommendation I can offer you is to spend a half hour at least before bed time clearing your mind. The song...Favorite Things from sound of music...is just that. I tell my kids in order to help stop the nightmares spend time thinking of your favorite things to help you feel good, calm and relaxed before going to bed. No active movies or tv shows that stir up the negative feelings etc. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN