Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Having twins need advice

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Someone from another group recommended this group.... I found out I'm having twins and I would like some input as what to buy, and is there anything I need to do different... These are my first children...
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Diapers! Bottles if you aren't going to breast feed.

As long as baby has a place to sleep, something to eat and clothes to wear you'll be good. :-) that being said you will want somewhere to put one twin when you are helping the other. I would recommend a rock n play and a swing along with a pack n play and bouncy chair.

You'll want some blankets. I LOVE my Aden and Anais Swaddle plus blankets, they are so soft and easy to Swaddle with if your baby likes being swaddled.

You may want to look into cloth diapers to save costs on diapering which will be one of your biggest costs.

Good luck! And congrats!
ThatsHeart19
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Thank you, is it possible to breast feed with twins? I mean I know there are two boobies lol but wouldn't it run dry?

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

As long as baby has a place to sleep, something to eat and clothes to wear you'll be good. :-) that being said you will want somewhere to put one twin when you are helping the other. I would recommend a rock n play and a swing along with a pack n play and bouncy chair.

You'll want some blankets. I LOVE my Aden and Anais Swaddle plus blankets, they are so soft and easy to Swaddle with if your baby likes being swaddled.

You may want to look into cloth diapers to save costs on diapering which will be one of your biggest costs.

Good luck! And congrats!
JsunkissedB
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I had twins my first pregnancy, i bought 2 of everything which was a HUGE waste ! one bouncer one swing and have them switch would have been best. My girls loved the floor more than anything!! If you buy a stroller i recommend NOT buyign the side by side. It barely fits through doors and when a wheel turns you get stuck and people just sit and stare at you lol! I suggest a double snap and go, I made the mistake of buying convertable car seats which ment i had to take sleeping babys out of the carseat everytime we went somewhere ! It would have been easier to spend the extra money on infant seats and click them out of the car seat base and onto the snap and go stroller without disturbing them!

Doing errands will be a hassle, funny thing is its not because of the babys but the fact that everyone will ask you personal questions about your baby every step you take ! Good Luck and Congrats ! I think having twins for your first is the best, because you really dont know any different :)

MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Yes it is possible :-) the woman's body is amazing. :-) I never had twins, but someone I know did and she could pump a gallon of milk a day haha I can't even imagine! And to think I got excited when I pumped 4 oz once lol

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Thank you, is it possible to breast feed with twins? I mean I know there are two boobies lol but wouldn't it run dry?

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Good luck! And congrats!
ThatsHeart19
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Wow! Yeah the only reason I ask is because I hear a lot of woman have trouble with one! So I figure two is going to be difficult...

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Yes it is possible :-) the woman's body is amazing. :-) I never had twins, but someone I know did and she could pump a gallon of milk a day haha I can't even imagine! And to think I got excited when I pumped 4 oz once lol

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Good luck! And congrats!
MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Breastfeeding can be hard, but with proper training (lactation consultant), support and perseverance you can do it. I remember with my first I was surprised by how hard it was, how painful it was and how scary it was. But I made it past the hard first few weeks and then it was a breeze. :-) I would say its worth a try and when you are looking for a pediatrician you could look for a pro breastfeeding one for the best support, but don't beat yourself up if you aren't able to do it. I found that I was making breast feeding harder when I thought like I was a terrible mom if my child needed formula, as long as your children are fed that's all that matters. :-)

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Wow! Yeah the only reason I ask is because I hear a lot of woman have trouble with one! So I figure two is going to be difficult...

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Good luck! And congrats!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM
No, you would not run dry.

It's all about supply and demand.

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Good luck! And congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

this is a good video to watch to help you learna and maange how to breastfeed twins

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Congrats. I agree with everyone just buy one bouncer (better yet the rocking chair kind that last until they are 3) and one swing. Infant car seats that fit a stroller will make walks shopping easier. You will need tons of diaper and somewhere for babies toe sleep. They can share a play pen for the first few months. I want to encourage you to breastfeed. I have breastfed all 3 of my kids. I never found it to be hard or painful. I think a lot of people make it harder than it has to be but that my just be because I found it to be easy.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Most women have difficulty because of misinformation, not because they can't actually do it :) I have a couple of friends who not only breastfed their twins, but did it for more than a year! I'm sure you'll have no problems, just consult a lactation consultant for the best breast info!

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Quoting ThatsHeart19:

Quoting MamaSarah1104:

Good luck! And congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)