Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

my baby boy is 9 days old

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 11 Replies
How long should I wait to start working out? I have like 2 stitches if that makes a difference.. I feel fine other than being sore. I'm starting to get ny energy back and feel somewhat normal. I have no real serious issues. It was a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
Work work work school work...I'm am really looking forward to my 2 week winter break
Yesterday at 5:42 PM
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM

wait until your dr gives you the okay...but i usually start walking(slowly) around 2 weeks pp

tatianaXOadrian
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM

From what my friends have told me once they gave birth that you should wait 40 days. And that was doctor's orders!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Wait until your doctor or midwife gives you the okay.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Idk with my second i was back to my daily routine 2 days later.
Clemency3
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

you can do it now but nothing extensive. I would say start with a 10-15 minute light..very light work out. spread it out over a couple of days. if after 2 wks you are fine then increase the days..another 2 wks u are good then increase your workout and so forth. 

CafeMom Tickers
my.sonshine
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I had to stay in the hospital 2 extra days, but since I've been home I've been doing my normal routine minus work. I plan to go back after 4 weeks instead of six cause bills can't wait :-/ I did the same after my second baby.. (this is my 3rd) I want to start getting back into shape though.. Something I didn't put a lot of effort into before, lol.. So I was just wondering when working out was okay..

Quoting Autumn19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM
4-6 weeks when you get the OK from your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Personally i dont work out. My joints cant take it. And i didnt have any stitches.

Quoting my.sonshine:

I had to stay in the hospital 2 extra days, but since I've been home I've been doing my normal routine minus work. I plan to go back after 4 weeks instead of six cause bills can't wait :-/ I did the same after my second baby.. (this is my 3rd) I want to start getting back into shape though.. Something I didn't put a lot of effort into before, lol.. So I was just wondering when working out was okay..

Quoting Autumn19:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
If you feel ok, I'd just start by taking short walks. If you start bleeding alot, then you will know that you are doing too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mila20
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Should wait till doc says its ok its usually 6 weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN