Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My water broke!!!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
Not really I am only 9 weeks. But in my dream last night. In my dream I was 34 weeks and woke up for the day but when stood up I heard a pop and water gushed down my legs. My contractions started right away but I went about my morning as if nothing happen. I cook breakfast and drove my son to school. Then drove myself to the hospital while my husband was home with my girls. But for some reason after I got in my room no one came to check me and I had to deliver baby alone. Then I woke up. Oh and baby a boy but I never seen his face.
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tiffluv81
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

oh woowww. I hope you dont deliver alone though. Those darn vivid dreams lol

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM
It was so real. It took me a few minutes to figure out that it was a dream. With my last pregnancy I had lots of dreams about delivering at home alone. I actually did a bunch of reading on what to do if I did have to deliver alone.

Quoting tiffluv81:

oh woowww. I hope you dont deliver alone though. Those darn vivid dreams lol

SrkStrickland
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I had my baby at home alone. I think everyone should read and study the Emergency Childbirth Manual while pregnant because you just never know. I had a dream during my second pregnancy that my baby had bleach blonde hair and blue eyes even though her dad and I have dark hair and I have brown eyes, he has green. Sure enough she came out the blondest baby you'd ever see with bright blue eyes! Still is to this day :)

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have light brown hair and blue eyes. Hubby has brown eyes black hair. I expected baby to have brown eyes black hair. All 3 of my kids have black hair brown eyes.

Quoting SrkStrickland:

I had my baby at home alone. I think everyone should read and study the Emergency Childbirth Manual while pregnant because you just never know. I had a dream during my second pregnancy that my baby had bleach blonde hair and blue eyes even though her dad and I have dark hair and I have brown eyes, he has green. Sure enough she came out the blondest baby you'd ever see with bright blue eyes! Still is to this day :)

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Did you plan to deliver at home? any important info you want to share?

Quoting SrkStrickland:

SrkStrickland
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I did but I still think it's important to be prepared for a "what if" situation even if you're planning a hospital birth. I think the very most important things to know are how to handle shoulder dystocia and how to determine amount of blood loss. I think those were my 2 biggest concerns in pregnancy. It also couldn't hurt to take an infant CPR course, if not for just in case during labor and deliver, but to have on hand as a mother :) The Emergency Childbirth Manual was my bible during pregnancy. It has a LOT of information but is short, sweet and to the point and written in ENGLISH, lol, so it's easy to understand.

Quoting iamnameless:

Did you plan to deliver at home? any important info you want to share?

Quoting SrkStrickland:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Oh dreams!!  They are sure crazy when pregnant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)