Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

stretch marks

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 22 Replies
Okay so I am 7 weeks going on 8 . And im just pre-paring my self for everything. This is my first don't know much about pregnancy but when did you ladies get stretch marks & what cream did you use for it?
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
his88angel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I found that stretch marks came no matter what you do.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM
There is no way to prevent stretch marks. The most expensive creams and lotions will only empty your wallet and not help any at all.
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM
It's genetics, nothing you can do to change it. Look at your mom, sisters, and cousins. See where or if they got any during pregnancy.

Creams don't penetrate to the layer of skin causes stretch marks. My dermatologist told me this.
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i am on my 3rd pregnancy.. this time around i am having twins.. i am now 35.6 weeks pregnant and i was sooo ready to get stretch marks this time around... luckily i haven't had any (crossing fingers)... I really think if it is going to happen, it will happen.. but keeping yourself moisturized doesn't hurt, and reduces the itchiness, which can lead to you scratching and causing them to bleed, or maybe be worse than they would have been if you had moisturized.. I use palmers cocoa butter, and therapy oil :) both are resonably priced

forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

this exactly. they come no matter what happens. the creams and oils just help make it easier and less itchy when you stretch. my stretch marks cam the last couple of months. with my first and i only have bout 2 months left  with this one and no new stretch marks.

Quoting his88angel:

I found that stretch marks came no matter what you do.

pregnancy due date
babies
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
erinf28
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM

There is no scientific way to stop stretch marks. Keep hydrated and lotioning up can maybe help with itching help with your growing belly, but most of the time stretch marks are because genetics. Another great thing we get passed along to us lol. They will end up fading after a while. I HATED looking at them and you can't even tell they are there unless they are pointed out. Now I look at them I remind myself that I gave birth to a gorgeous and healthy little girl and no one can take that from me. Now that I am pregnant with number 2 I don't feel so self conscience about them and am actually waiting to see if there will be more of them because it means I'm getting near the end lol.

Clemency3
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I couldn't escape stretch marks. I tried using coconut oil as well as the coconut cream they sell in the store and I still got bad stretch marks. 

It's not genetic for me either. As no other female in my family has them. So I really cannot suggest much. You can try using lotions on a daily basis and see what happens. Most advice tells you to just use lotion daily and drink tons of water..gl!

CafeMom Tickers
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Nothing actually prevents them. I didn't get any with my first until 24 weeks. I woke up with one and it just went down hill from there. If you're going to get them you will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I never got them till about 37 weeks with my first and barely any at all. My second I got a lot and sometime in the second trimester. My third I got a few more. I used cream to help with my itchy tummy.

Nothing prevents them.

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

They are genetic. I didn't get them with my son until around 9 months, and 8 with this pregnancy. Keeping extra weight gain to a minimum will help. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)