Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What to pack??

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

This is my first child and I'm a little confused on what to pack for in my hospital bag and how much of it...a little help please?? :)

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jezike
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey Girl,

I just had my baby 4 weeks ago today and this is what you will need and I will also tell you what you will not need:

Body soap, shampoo, pads, deodorant, pajamas, socks, underwear, slippers (if you want), hair products, going home clothes, cell phone, charger

For baby: BLANKET ( I forgot to bring mine), going home outfit, extra outfit, diapers, wipes, pacifer, hat

The hospital provides most of the things and you may or may not use your own stuff like: diapers, wipes, and pads but it is good to have the kind you like just in case you don't like the kind they have.

Do not pack to much "entertainment" stuff for yourself. You will never use it because the baby will take up so much of your time. When the baby does finally go to sleep nurses and doctors will be coming in and out of your room around the clock. You will not get a chance to do anything but breastfeed and watch whatever is on TV :-)

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM
For me:

I pack 2 comfy jammies and wear home what I wore going in.

4 pairs of undies in case of accidents

One pair of socks

Hair brush

Shampoo and conditioner

Body wash

Hair bands

Charger for my phone/phone

Batteries for my camera/camera

Chapstick

Overnight Always Infinity pads

Fleece blanket

For baby:

Going home outfit

Sleeper

Wipes

Diapers

Remember to pack any cosmetics you would want and to leave a good bit of room since the hospital tends to give stuff away and paperwork to take home. If you are a reader then a book is good too. And change for vending machines for snacks for you and whoever will be with you. Make sure the car seat is in the car ahead of time and installed if you will be using a convertible.

MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I pack a couple pair of pjs for myself and baby and something for us to wear home. Body wash, shampoo and conditioner, make up (yes I am that type of person lol), brush, hair ties, lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste, slippers, socks, phone charger, laptop (unless you just use your phone), my own pillows, fan (because i can't sleep without one), baby book. I think that is about it. I tend to over pack just in case though but never needed or used any of the things I over packed like my own pads, diapers, etc. I use what the hospital provides and save my stuff for home. Oh maybe some baby clippers. My last had long finger nails when he was born and the hospital did not have any baby nail clippers. 

jbmom2009
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

How far in advance did everyone pack there bags?

keikoness
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I started packing at 36 weeks.

I asked my fiance what stepson's bio mom packed and what he thinks/ thought I should pack.

Toiletries: hair brush, toothbrush, etc.
Baby clothes: different sizes in case she comes out big or small. I am bring seven onesies because you never know how long they will keep you. Seven was the number my fiance recommended.
Diapers and wipes ( the hospital I am going to uses pampers and I don't like those)
Receiving blankets
Booties
Mittens
Hats
Cover if you are breastfeeding
Burp clothes
Blanket if you are delivering in cold months
Carseat cover or blanket to shield from weather elements hot/cold
Clothes for mommy. (Several pairs of throw away underwear, a few sets of clothes, socks)
Carseat
Money for snacks for hubby (my hospital provides food and drink for mommy)
keikoness
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Oh and a phone charger along with my purse which has chapstick, etc in it
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM

http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/checklist-packing-a-hospital-bag.aspx

I used that website to pack mine

Also just a tip. I packed a bag for my husband because I knew he would not remember to. I put clothes and socks and a blanket and also a few snacks for him. With his toothbruch

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Geez I didn't pack half of what these ladies did. I packed two outfits for me and baby. Tooth brush, toothpaste, and shampoo. My hospital provided soap, diapers, pads, etc. They provided formula too (but I nurse)

JAZ88
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I over did it with my first, really only need a blanket and a couple outfits for baby, the hospital provides diapers and wipes, for u, bathroom essentials, socks underwear, extra pads, and a going home outfit, also pjs are nice so you're not stuck in the hospital gown the whole time
JAZ88
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Oh I also brought the baby book, they put my son's hand and foot prints in it while I was there for me, really nice, camera
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN