Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Never want to know that feeling again

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 1 Replies

For the first time when they told me at the hospital my baby's sugar was only 7, had a heart murmur and he wasn't reacting...I knew what it was like to feel like you might lose your child. I went numb and wouldn't let myself think or feel. I wouldn't think about him until I heard an update. The first day I held him when his sugar got up a little I wouldn't let myself attach to him. It was a horrible, fearful, dark feeling. When he was doing better I instantly attached to him. When they told me his heart sounded better it was like a ton of bricks was off of me and a dark cloud flew away. I feel so grateful my son is healthy and I feel so bad for parents that have ill kids/babies. I'm a blessed mama. Has anyone else had to go through this?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM

When I had my second I had a serious complication from a spinal. He came out unresponsive. And it took them a long time to get him breathing and crying!! I knew as soon as he fell out that something was terribly wrong. My heart stopped. All I wanted was him, I wanted to take his pain away, make him feel better, hear his cry. I became instantly OVERLY attached. Once he began to cry I felt the biggest relief, and I just wanted to get him the hell out of that hospital and away from those Drs. He never slept anywhere but on my chest, and at 5 yrs old still has to sleep on the floor next to Momma were he feels safe.  I can't imagine not becoming attached to him because I was afraid of losing him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)