Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm part of the scary free birth 'trend'

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 63 Replies
2 moms liked this
Yep. Sure am. :)

At first I was part of the scary hospital birth trend. Then moved to the scary assisted home birth trend. Now I'm part of the scary unassisted birth (free birth) trend. :D

LOL! Love how everything is a scary trend.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Haha, that article made me laugh. Most free birthers are some of the most educated women about childbirth out there!

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I know. It's sad that so many women really are terrified of birth though. There are times when things go wrong. There are times when help is necessary. They are very rare. Especially if the labor was free of interventions. The interventions are what cause many problems.
:(

Quoting Turtledoves:

Haha, that article made me laugh. Most free birthers are some of the most educated women about childbirth out there!

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I know, and what I hate most is media and society pushing these fears even more onto women. The idea that birth is scary and dangerous is only growing. I never wanted a hospital birth but ended up doing it last time from midwife scare tactics. This time I know more and feel more ready to have my out of hospital birth.

Quoting kcangel63:

I know. It's sad that so many women really are terrified of birth though. There are times when things go wrong. There are times when help is necessary. They are very rare. Especially if the labor was free of interventions. The interventions are what cause many problems.

Quoting Turtledoves:

expecting boybaby girlpuppy

VintageWife
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I about died that they called it scary. What's scary is people thinking hospitals are always best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! You will be amazing! :)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I know, and what I hate most is media and society pushing these fears even more onto women. The idea that birth is scary and dangerous is only growing. I never wanted a hospital birth but ended up doing it last time from midwife scare tactics. This time I know more and feel more ready to have my out of hospital birth.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting Turtledoves:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHA, LOVE it! Congrats hun!! I have had two hospital births which were very scary. HORRIFIC. Then we had an unassisted birth. Now we are planning an assited birth although we have regretted the decision and plan to hold off calling in the gang, so we may go unassited again! If we have another we will definately go unassisted!

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I will say that hospitals are AMAZING for emergencies and when people are in need of medical assistance. Not so much when it comes to a normal birth.

**Normal is non medicated, no interventions, hands off, no vaginal exams, allowing mom to listen to her body instead of telling her what to do (IMO)**

Quoting VintageWife:

I about died that they called it scary. What's scary is people thinking hospitals are always best.
pregnantmama105
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I'm going to "normal" birth route as much as I can
.. but since I am high risk I have to be in a hospital

Quoting kcangel63:

I will say that hospitals are AMAZING for emergencies and when people are in need of medical assistance. Not so much when it comes to a normal birth.

**Normal is non medicated, no interventions, hands off, no vaginal exams, allowing mom to listen to her body instead of telling her what to do (IMO)**

Quoting VintageWife:

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Good luck! I hope you get the birth you are hoping for! It's harder, but completely possible in the hospital. :)

<3

Quoting pregnantmama105:

I'm going to "normal" birth route as much as I can

.. but since I am high risk I have to be in a hospital

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting VintageWife:

Ladyteancum
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I am high risk. I would never feel safe having my baby at home. My niece would have died if her mom had not been at the hospital. She was born emergency c-section. My sister had 3 children before without any problems. That was enough for me to plan on hospital births. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN