Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

OMG I Am pregnant again!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 47 Replies

My doctor is going to put a Mirena IUD in and he decided to do a pregnancy test just to make sure. It came up positive and my count is at 1500. He says I am pregnant so he cannot put the IUD in. I am 36 years old and was told I could not get pregnant without help which I have had none and got pregnant for the first time at 35. What is up with my body and could this really be happening just 8 weeks later?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepconfused182
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this

If you had sex, then yes, it can absolutely be happening again! Looks like you should have waited the recommended amount of time to hold off on that :)

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this
If you can't get pregnant without help, why get birth control?
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe yay! Woop woop! Congrats! Some women have major problems with their first pregnancy and then their bodies somehow regulate and fix themselves... maybe your one of those ladies? Anywho how did you tell so/dh?
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations, even if it was unexpected. The body is supposedly really fertile right after birth. That's another reason for the wait period after birth.
sm12
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM

If you are exclusively breastfeeding then for the first six months you wont be fertile.

Quoting kcangel63:

Congratulations, even if it was unexpected. The body is supposedly really fertile right after birth. That's another reason for the wait period after birth.

brandie1470
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Congrats!?
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
That's not true for all women. Some women will not ovulate while breastfeeding and others will.

Quoting sm12:

If you are exclusively breastfeeding then for the first six months you wont be fertile.

Quoting kcangel63:

stepconfused182
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Exactly. A lot of exclusively breastfeeding moms get pregnant well before 6 months.

Quoting iamnameless:

That's not true for all women. Some women will not ovulate while breastfeeding and others will.

Quoting sm12:

Quoting kcangel63:

jenaree
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM

not always true, it depends on the woman. I definitely ovulated and my period came back while I was nursing and I exclusively nursed on demand for 10 months,

Quoting sm12:

Quoting kcangel63:

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Not true. I've EBF my last 5. I got pregnant with one baby at 3 months, but lost that one. My others are generally conceived 5-7 months after the last one is born.

Breastfeeding isn't a guaranteed BC. You can ovulate anytime. My period usually returns at 8 weeks postpartum. I'm not one of the 'lucky ones' that don't get their cycle back until they stop nursing.

Quoting sm12:

Quoting kcangel63:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)