Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Safe to Wear a Corsette?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

Here's the deal - I'm getting married (our traditional family ceremony) on October 5th and I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant with our second baby. My dress is snug in the middle and requires that I wear a boustie type bra top (also because I'm nursing, it works as a great strapless bra).  I am already pooching out a bit and showing a bump being that this is my second baby and I'm hoping to find a snug corsette type top that takes me in a few inches and is attractive for my special day.  HOWEVER, I am wondering if it is safe to wear such an item while pregnant?  I've worn tight pants all day and other than being uncomfortable, it didn't seem to hurt baby but clearly I have no idea.... some say yes and some say no. It would be for about 5 hours. 

Advice?

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I wouldn't, but I don't see it as any different than sleeping on your stomach, which is okay. I just think i would ache a lot after so long in it.
New.OrleansLady
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
No. You don't want anything constricting blood flow at all.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Can you have the dress taken out a bit?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I feel like it would be so uncomfortable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I doubt it will be comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I would not do that. Maybe a body shaper ( spandex type body suit) but not a corset.
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I remember watching something on television some time ago and this was brought up. An OBGYN came on and said it is not safe during pregnancy as it restricts blood flow and decreaseds oxygen intake.

ParanormalSarah
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Well, it's not a corsette per say, but more of the snap in place body bra?? My OBGYN said it was fine because baby is so encompassed in water at this age and it would be nearly impossible to reduce blood flow just by outer ware but I figured I would ask... I'm not looking for something to thin me out but really to give me the hour glass and hold up my boobs!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I saw where it, it will be uncomfy, but you can handle it atleast for the ceremony and pictures.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I wouldnt
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)