Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should I call the doctor?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am 14 weeks pregnant and have been having mild cramps since last night. No bleeding and no unusual discharge just cramps and a weird pressure feeling. Rest has helped and of course I am drinking lots of water but the cramps still won't go away completely (they will stop for a bit but will start again later).

I have 2 healthy children and had a very early miscarriage a few months before I got pregnant with this baby. All of these pregnancies have been with my current OBGYN's office (which is one of the best groups in town, certainly the best one that has privileges at the hospital I deliver at). I know if I call they will either tell me to rest and call back if it doesn't stop or they will tell me to come to the ER (the office is closed on weekends and until you are 20 weeks, they won't see you in labor and delivery). I just don't know if this is serious enough to go to the ER but I know that if there is a doubt, they will lean on the side of caution and send me in.

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

BUMP!

kilahchaos
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Its a normal thing to cramp. Unless its stoppig you in your tracks I wouldn't worry :)
luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Thanks

Quoting kilahchaos:

Its a normal thing to cramp. Unless its stoppig you in your tracks I wouldn't worry :)

NicoleC1121
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

how many months after your mc did you get pregnant?

caitieV
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM
It never hurts to air on the side of caution. If you have insurance and your worried, go to the hospital. I'm sure you're probably fine, but caution in pregnancy is never a bad thing. Don't *not* go because you feel silly. Try not to stress tho. I was crampy at the beginning and when I started stretching. I'm being induced Tuesday and my little girl passes all her precautionary tests. But go if its worrying you! :) GL!!
nicole2884
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I cramped randomly early on as long as there is no weird discharge or blood I say you're fine
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Could be BH already. They tend to keep starting earlier and earlier each pregnancy. Started at 13 weeks this time for me.
samsanders
by Samantha on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Totally normal. I had that kind of cramping until about 17 weeks. I am now 19 and they have disappear. Like pp said if they stop you in your tracks or cause you to bend over in extreme pain I'd go in to the ER. But I wouldn't worry especially with no bleeding.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I'm going to say that you're doing fine. Cramping is totally normal, especially if this is your third baby.
luvmykidsJC
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Thanks for all the responses, doing much better. I didn't end up calling the doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)