Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What's The Gender??

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

I'm nine days away from finding out the gender, but I just can't wait!! What are some of the old wives tales and tricks to predict gender that have worked for you?

I'm really hoping for a girl and some signs point to it. Like the sweet cravings and fast heart rate. But the Chinese gender chart says it's a boy.

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!

Join me at Budget Prepping!!http://www.cafemom.com/group/budgetprepping

barbecuing     typing     teacher

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjHonza
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Six days!!
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM

my dd's heart rate was always like 133-145. Isnt a fast heart rate like 150-160+? lol

Not sure. Some say carrying high is a girl and some say its the opposite. they're all just for fun lol

CjHonza
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Anything above 140bpm is said to be a girl. Mine was 170bpm last check up.

Quoting krusesbaby:

my dd's heart rate was always like 133-145. Isnt a fast heart rate like 150-160+? lol

Not sure. Some say carrying high is a girl and some say its the opposite. they're all just for fun lol

lauren.m
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Put your wedding band on a string and hold it still over your belly. If it swings up and down in a line its a girl if it moves in circles its a boy. Its a fun one.
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids were opposites for heartrates. My daughter was always under 140 and my son is always 150 and above. With both of them, I craved steak and hamburgers in the beginning and chocolate sweets at the end. The girls steal your beauty idea was opposite too - I had amazing hair and skin with my daughter and bad with my son. So I don't think they're very accurate. 

The things that have been accurate - chinese gender charts and bump shape. I carried all over with my daughter and all in front with my son.

CjHonza
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM
DH tried that one and claimed it said boy.

Quoting lauren.m:

Put your wedding band on a string and hold it still over your belly. If it swings up and down in a line its a girl if it moves in circles its a boy. Its a fun one.

tatianaXOadrian
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM

BOY!! :)

My chinese calender said girl, and it was def. wrong!

I am carrying low, so that one is true.

The heart rate was 148..which says higher is a girl...still having a boy. Lol.

I do crave more sour/salty stuff/spicy.. so it can make that one "true" too

ok...last one i will do "Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy." I was 21 when i conceived, and it was in 2013..so that's wrong but kinda fun i guess haha.

CafeMom Tickers
lauren.m
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Pee in a cup add a tablespoon of baking soda if it fizzes its a boy if not its a girl.

Quoting CjHonza:

DH tried that one and claimed it said boy.

Quoting lauren.m:

waitn4miracles2
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
With Chinese gender chart use your lunar age which is actually a year older than what you currently are.
kaylaybaby666
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
My sons is 150
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)