Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

why do you need maxi pads at the hospital, do you bleed after birth?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 19 Replies

hey, im a 19 year old new up coming mom, i dont have a mom and dont know much about what to bring or to do when in labor, im due in feburary on the 17th 2014. can someone give me advise please? 

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Yes, you bleed after birth. You'll bleed some for up to 6 weeks. The hospital will give you pads while you're there.

Get a pregnancy book & read it. It'll cover a lot, including things we may not think of.

Larsbug
by Laura on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM

you bleed after birth for weeks (up to 6-8 weeks for some woman) and for me personally, quite heavily

SHOE_DIVA
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! Join us in February 2014 due date group. I'm due February 16th!
nicole2884
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM
You well also want some tucks pads to put on top of your maxi for the first week
But get a pregnancy book its really helpful
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Start reading. The internet is full of information. Join babycenter.com they will send you and email each week with information about how baby is growing and changing and what's happening with your body. It will also give you info about child birth and how to prepare for it. They have other useful info on their site like a list of things you should pack. They have info on breastfeeding (if that's why you want and j strongly encourage) and info on how to care for baby. They will send you email after baby is born telling you how baby is developing and what milestones baby should be reaching.
sunflower970
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
For me bleeding was an understatement.. I wore the "diaper" like things they provoded
bebe_ju-rah
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Oh yea...lots and lots of bleeding. =\
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Me, too...DH called them parachutes, lol

Quoting sunflower970:

For me bleeding was an understatement.. I wore the "diaper" like things they provoded
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I actually preferred Depends lol.  They did a much better job for me and weren't as bulky.  Wish I had used them with my first!  I had no control over my bladder for a few days after I came home (no issues with my second though)

Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Join Birth Is Normal. It's a great group filled with tons of advice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN