Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you walk 4 miles 9 months pregnant?? UPDATED PIC HEAVY

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 51 Replies

Well ladies we did it! It was absolutely beautiful! We had a ton of fun, and I even had some good contractions :) Here are some pics from the day

My son

My BFF & I

How far up!

My son and I

There is a beautiful trail next to my house called High Bridge Trail. Its over 30 miles long start to finish, and on the trail there is High Bridge which is a 1/2 mile bridge with the most gorgeous views of the area. I have never walked it before, but I really really want to. From town to the bridge is just under 4 miles. My BF messaged me a little while ago and said she was gonna come walk me tomorrow! (She is trying to walk this baby out of me LOL) which over the weekend meant we walked the yard over and over again for about an hour. Well I figured it out and walking for an hour is about the same as walking 4 miles. So I am trying to decide if its smart or not to go walk this trail tomorrow. It should take us about an hour. There are lots of access points for about 2 1/2 miles of the trail. The other 1 1/2 mile there isn't. So if we do the trail backwards we would do the side without so many access points first, and the later half of the trail would have plenty of places to pick us up if I went into labor or just got exhausted. I really really want to do it LOL, but is it smart at 9 months preggo! What are your thoughts?? Would you walk 4 miles 9 months pregnant!

FYI its pretty much flat easy trails, (it was an old railroad line) so its not lots of up and down walking! And the trail is nice and clean like in the pics the whole way! From my house it would be more like 9 miles to the bridge and I figured that was probably pushing my luck LOL

OR

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Yes I would. It looks beautiful. Have fun and good luck!
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not walk that bridge ever pregnant or not.
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Yes if I was feeling okay. We walked two miles today and I normally run two or three miles a few times a week.
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I would and have. We took a vacation to the Omaha zoo in my last month of pregnancy and walked most of the day there. It is was brutal. My feet were killing me.

GwenMB
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I would if I wasn't too uncomfortable - esp since there are places where you can get picked up if needed.

mistressflora
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

nope i cant even get off the couch

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Thanks ladies, I am gonna talk to Hubby about it. As long as he feels comfortable with it I think I am gonna do it. Eeek I am excited :)

mom3bc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

i would like to try 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I love that place! We go once a yr. Did you see the dino exhibit?

Quoting valrubio:

I would and have. We took a vacation to the Omaha zoo in my last month of pregnancy and walked most of the day there. It is was brutal. My feet were killing me.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured