Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone had a successful vbac?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
Share your story, please.

I had a failed induction last time that ended in a csec. I will be attempting a vbac in 7 weeks.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM
A good friend of min had one and it went well. Her ob was awesome and let nature work for her.
Soon_Mommy_Of_3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Yes I had a very successful one I have a 5 year old who I had to have an emergency c-section with it made me pretty upset but I understood why so 3years later when I got pregnant with my now 2 year old I told my doc I wanted a vbac all natural I got a midwife along with my doc & everything went smoothly so I wish you the best of luck I'm sure everything will go great
stepconfused182
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

That VBAC moms group has all kinds of successful stories. I love that group!

Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I have had 2!

My section was due to breech.

My 1st vbac was 2012. I went to 40 weeks 6 days and went into labor. It was an 18hr labor but was worth it. I got to the hospital at 5cm and it still took 8hra to get to 10.

My 2nd vbac was on Sep 5th! I actually was induced with this baby because he kept flipping breech. I was in the hospital for 9hrs but, only 6hrs was in labor. It was an awesome experience too!
kelliamber006
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:15 PM

i had a VBAC with #2 sucessfully.

i was induced too!! (which they say is a HUGE nono!!)

i was over due and dilating but not going into labor. my doctor found my situation to be save. they watched me very very close and didnt use as much pitiocin as fast and quick as they would on a woman who hadnt had a csection.

i was in labor for aprox 10 hours before i gave birth to my 8lb 9oz baby.

I am due with #3 in december! hoping for another successful VBAC! :)

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I just had my little girl on the 17th. I tried the whole trial of labor after a c section for 48+ hours that ended in a c section. Nothing was making me go into labor or dilate me past a 4 ( foley bulb ) . Sorry i cannot help you out.
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I've had 2 successful VBA2Cs. For me the key was waiting until I went into labor naturally. Both of them came after 41 weeks (but before 42).
ToriBabe1221
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I had mine last march! It was beautiful. The key for me, was no interventions. No time limits. I birthed at home. I was able to relax, and follow the signals my body gave me
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I watched my sister do vbac with her 2nd child. That's about my extent of experience to date BUT I'm hoping to have my own vbac with this current pregnancy. My last baby (#4) was c-section due to her being breech.
mikkosmommy
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I had an amazing VBAC with #2. I had a midwife in a small hospital... Although I labored at home for 16 hours before going to the hospital. I was there 2.5 hours before I pushed out DS2 with just a few pushes. It was completely drug free and I used the birthing stool. No bed for me. I did allow wireless monitoring and a heplock.
I am planning VBAC #2 in January.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)