Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

go back to work or stay home??

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

okay moms, here is the question
I was 'let go' from my job (about a month ago) because I couldn't work the switch in hours so  they let me go.
I am now collecting unemployment because it was no fault of my own. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant due with #3 end of December.

I was offered a job (not full time) at a place I worked before. id bring home aprox $100 more than unemployment each week....but I have to start paying out of pocket for daycare again.

I am wondering if I should just stay at home until after the baby is born and then start back up again.... im worried that I will not be able to handle that work again (being a CNA) being this far along in my pregnancy... I mean I CAN work, but maybe not such a heavy lifting job...

Just need advice, tips and your own opinion on what I should do..

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I would just stay home. I dont think it would be worth it right now esp if you have to pay daycare. My opinion.

CafeMom Tickers
kelliamber006
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

thats what i feel too, but at the same time i miss work soooo much and wanna go back. but im thinking this far along it will be kind of hard.
i also dont want to sit on unemployment and abuise the system either :/

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

I would just stay home. I dont think it would be worth it right now esp if you have to pay daycare. My opinion.

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Yea thats understandable. Its only for a couple more months tho and then you wouldnt have to worry about maternity leave either. Something you should just think about. But Id say take a wonderful vacation at home with your other two kids and just enjoy those couple of months. :) 

Quoting kelliamber006:

thats what i feel too, but at the same time i miss work soooo much and wanna go back. but im thinking this far along it will be kind of hard.
i also dont want to sit on unemployment and abuise the system either :/

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

CafeMom Tickers
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I'd stay home and begin looking for work after baby is born. 

kelliamber006
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM

what would i say to the job that told me i can come back that i dont want to until after the baby is born? i feel like its rude to tell them this.

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I dont think they would assume you being rude atleast I hope they would'nt. 

Quoting kelliamber006:

what would i say to the job that told me i can come back that i dont want to until after the baby is born? i feel like its rude to tell them this.

CafeMom Tickers
livingforthem83
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
If they report that you turned down the job offer to unemployment you can get cut off.
nicole2884
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Will the job be waiting for you?
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My sil was a CNA and couldnt do it after about 28weeks. The lifting and such was too much for her and her OB made her quit or she'd put her on bedrest.

I also got laid off-last day is on the 30th-because my lawyer is going in for cancer treatments. I have only been at this office for 3 months though so i am not sure if i CAN get unemployment although he(lawyer) told me to apply anyway. I will not be going back to work, although i will be applying once baby is born, until bayb is 3mo and established breastfeeding. Then i will find a job that lets me work arround the nursing schedule or has in house daycare.

If i were you, i wouldnt want to pay the daycare and the 100 more wouldnt be worth it if you're paying daycare.

CafeMom Tickers
kelliamber006
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

which i was also worried about....not sure how it would be reported and such. ive never gotten unemployment before or had to deal with this.

Quoting livingforthem83:

If they report that you turned down the job offer to unemployment you can get cut off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN