Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Make me wait!!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

SO, I have another 2nd level Ultrasound friday to double check for no soft markers of Downs and no heart defects.(Had one 4 weeks ago because blood tests were 1/85, went well so upped the chances to 1/170 and thats still not where I want it but we are doubble checking for no heart problems).

ANYWAYS , DH and I are on team "we already have a boy and a girl so we arent going to find out the sex". Well, I keep looking at my attic and ALL the girl and boy clothes i need to seperate and sort and it really makes me want to find out the sex lol! Even if its just for me and i dont tell anyone else until D day. But, i'd give it away by doing only boy/girl clothes. I just am on the fense.

I sort of feel like asking at the apointment(dh wont be there) and keeping it a secret but what if i feel deflated after i ask and i ruin my own supprise lol?!

Mamas that waited, give me your experience and a reason to wait lol!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM

BUMP!

Clemency3
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had all the stuff I needed for this baby I too would have waited. We already have one of each and it would have been fun to wait. But I had literally nothing and because of that decided to find out. I know I am not the mama who waited but just thought I'd share what my perspective was. I thought it would be cool to wait and have a surprise but when it comes to having the bed decorated and making sure the clothing was gender appropriate I just couldn't wait. 

CafeMom Tickers
MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Wait!! It adds even more excitement to the end.
mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM
This pregnancy I honestly didn't care if I knew or not but we went in for the ultrasound and boy he was not a shy little man let me tell you... the minute the dopplar was on my belly the doc and I saw his wee wee and I laughed... the doc said well I hope you wanted to know caise there ain't no mistaking that
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

We feel there are so little surprises in life. I also don't believe in doing and ultrasound unless medically needed.

The anticiaption during labor was wonderful. To know soon if it is a girl or boy and what name we get to use. I also loved being the one right away saying the sex of the baby first.

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I've not found out with 5 of my 8. There's nothing more wonderful than finding out at birth.
Karopie_99
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I want to know what I'm having so badly! Name picking, buying things oh boy! I'm 28 days away and we don't have much. We have enough to get by and I was secretly informed baby will be all set by the time we come home. So that puts my mind at ease. But not knowing and constantly wondering stinks. But I'm 28 days away from finding out (if not sooner) you can do it! I have a boy and 2 girls. (And nothing left from them but a crib because my 2 yr old only went to a big girl bed 6 months ago) after my last I thouvht we were done and donated everythinv
krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Thanks ladies. We do have two names picked out if anyone was wondering lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)