Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

33 weeks and my baby is a GIANT... I am scared!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 51 Replies

This morning I had an ultrasound done because apparently I was measuring 3.5 weeks bigger than what I should be. I am 33 weeks with my first son :)

The doc called me this afternoon and told me the ultrasound showed no abnormalities, just a big baby. He is about 6 lbs and in the 96th percentile for length and weight. (normal weight at 33 wks is about 4 lbs)

I have to have another ultrasound done in 3 weeks when I am 36 weeks to check again where we are at. And no I don't have gestational diabetes or anything that would cause him to be this big already.

Me and my vagina are scared!

Anyone else ever experience this??

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lind.shep
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Yep. and they said she was going to be at least 10lbs by birth. Guess what? She was born at 39 weeks at a whopping 7lbs even.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Ultrasounds this late are usually wrong. They said my dd who was born at 36 weeks would be close to 9lbs she was just over 7....
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I was told at 36 weeks my son was measuring 8lbs 12oz. 3 weeks later my ultrasound showed him measuring 11lbs 7oz. Friday I had a c section and he was 9lbs 5oz :) he measured 2-3 weeks ahead since 23 weeks. I wouldn't be concerned unless your doctor is.
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Not trustworthy.

I was told my son would be 10+lbs.

He was 7lbs 3oz.

Midwife was concerned and set me up for induction. There was obviously nothing to worry about. He was 21in. Long and skinny- like his father.

ToughmommyX2
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I was told my little guy was 9lbs...nope when he was born he was 7lbs 5oz
Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't trust the ultrasound. I wasn't measuring ahead or anything, no one mentioned a word about me having a big baby. He was 10 pounds! We were shocked and no one was expecting it, because you just can't predict how big baby will be, ultrasounds are often wrong.
Karopie_99
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 35.1 weeks and baby is measuring just over 7lbs and 19inches long. Which the ultrasound says baby is roughly 38.2 weeks. I still have 28 more days to go. With an average weight gain of a half pound per week, they think baby will be atleast 9lbs and over 20 inches
RhondaVeggie
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I was told my baby was measuring average and she came out 10lbs 4 oz and 22". Can't trust them at all.
Loving19mommy92
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

In my 2nd trimester I was measuring big all the time. Not once did my doctor say my DD was gonna be big but she was she was 11 pounds 7 oz. My friend used the same doctor she had the same thing go on with her he told her she was having a big baby, little guy was 7-8 pounds. My sister was told her DD was measuring 10 plus, she was born weighing 8 pounds.

I had my DD by C-Section because the day they were going to induce me the ultrasound showed she was 11 pounds, my doctor told me I couldn't have such a large baby. His disbelief that my dd was so huge caused him to rip  my incision pulling her out. The doctor had my DD's head, his foot propped up on the surgery table and was yanking her by the head to get her out. When my hubby told me I was so afraid he was going to hurt my baby girl. Anyway here is a pic of my big baby girl when she was born 3 years ago.

CafeMom Tickers

una1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My lo was born at 33 weeks and was 5lb 4oz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)