Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did You Experience This?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hello all. I am currently 35.4 weeks pregnant. I woke up at about 5:30 this morning because I had to pee. When I say up I noticed a pain in my right side. It was kind of like a dull ache. I had slept on my left side all night so I figured maybe the pain was from the baby's position. Well I went to the bathroom and went back to sleep until my alarm woke me. I went back to sleep on my right side.

When I got up with the alarm, the pain was slightly worse. I don't have a fever and my urine looks fine. The pain is in my right side, like if you draw a line from my belly button to my side, that's where the pain is. If I'm sitting, the pain isn't too bad. It comes and goes but it's mild. When I move around the pain gets a bit worse, especially when I pick up my 15 month old.

I assume it probably has something to do with me sleeping in my left side for 5 hours. I've never experienced this before so I guess I just need reassurance that it's normal. I don't want to contact my Dr because he might tell me to come in. I'm home alone with my 15 month old who has a fever because he got his immunizations yesterday. He's miserable so I'd prefer to let him rest.
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

could just be a sore/strained muscle. 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM
not sure
housewifehell
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I always get pains in my sides and lower belly area (I am at 33 weeks) and my doc seems to think its just muscles stretching and if you slept on your side for 5 hours you might have pulled something without realizing.  Or if you cough in your sleep or anything like that is can pull on those muscles

heathakeen
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM

appendix?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Feel better!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Gall bladder?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN