Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bloody Show question. *Update*

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

I had an exam yesterday, and I had bleeding after. All brown blood, and only for a few hours.

I had contractions wake me up this morning, and I'm still getting them. They are still about 20 minuets apart. I also have a lot of discharge. It resembles snot, and there is a lot of bright red blood mixed in. 

I've heard that the bloody show is tinged with pink, is it normal for it to be bright red? 

Also, do you think this is a result of the exam, or the beginning of labor? 

*UPDATE*

My doctor is sending me to L&D to be monitored. He thinks it might be early labor. 

I'm going to pack my bags, and get in the shower before I head in. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Bump!! 

sugareemommee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Could be both! I had my bloody show last Wednesday, tons of discharge mixed with blood.

My daughter was born Thursday at 4 am! Did you have your membranes stripped?
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM

It could be a bit of both, it could be the exam or it could be the beginning of labor. Just no way to know for sure.

With my third I had my mucus plug big and small pieces and some with blood for 5 weeks. My blood was from a pinkish, brown and red color. Just depending how how much was there and well the brown I know as because it was old.

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I didn't, it was just a quick exam. Congratulations on your baby girl :) hopefully mine will be here soon. 

Quoting sugareemommee:

Could be both! I had my bloody show last Wednesday, tons of discharge mixed with blood.

My daughter was born Thursday at 4 am! Did you have your membranes stripped?

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Sounds like mucus plug. My water broke and them I noticed it. Like a snot ball mixed with blood.. Disgusting really!
Good luck!!!!
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I went right from 1 cm to labor with my first (I was 1cm for a month). I never lost my plug with him, and the doctor broke my water... So these are all new things to me lol. 

Quoting Mittenmommie:

Sounds like mucus plug. My water broke and them I noticed it. Like a snot ball mixed with blood.. Disgusting really!
Good luck!!!!

tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I'm having a lot of brown discharge now. The bright red just concerned me, I never like to see bright red blood. 

Quoting Raeann11:

It could be a bit of both, it could be the exam or it could be the beginning of labor. Just no way to know for sure.

With my third I had my mucus plug big and small pieces and some with blood for 5 weeks. My blood was from a pinkish, brown and red color. Just depending how how much was there and well the brown I know as because it was old.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I never had a bloody show..

You could always just call your dr if you are concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammy_lynne
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I think I'm going to, just to make sure. Anytime I see bright red blood, I get concerned. 

Quoting kmqw229:

I never had a bloody show..

You could always just call your dr if you are concerned.

Pebbles16
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I wanna know if anyone experienced implantation bleeding im not sure if thats what I'm experiencing Its very light and only when i go to bathroom . Slight cramping but not like menstral cramps. Please help
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)